Creating a knowledge base using custom API
Users can create and manage knowledge base using custom API, enabling the option to write a script to pull content from any external system and push that content into the Zoom knowledge base. It is a good alternative for customers who cannot use Zoom Virtual Agent’s native knowledge base integrations such as CRM-based integrations, web sync, and manual.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for managing knowledge base articles using custom API
How to create a custom API knowledge base
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click AI Management then Knowledge Base.
- Click Add Knowledge Base.
A pop-up window will appear.
- Expand the drop-down list to select a connector type.
- Under Other, select Custom API Connection.
- Enter a display name for your knowledge base.
- Click Add.
- Copy the Knowledge Base ID.
How to set up an OAuth App in the Marketplace
Make sure you have the right permission to access developer tools and the marketplace, and create apps. Learn more about adding and removing Marketplace Apps.
- Sign in to the Zoom App Marketplace as an admin or owner.
- At the top right, click Develop then Build App.
- Select OAuth then click Create.
- In the Create an OAuth App window, provide the following:
- App name: Enter a name for your OAuth App.
- Under Choose app type, click User-managed app.
- Make sure the toggle next to By publishing to Marketplace, your app will be available to external users to add and use is off.
- Click Create.
You will be taken to the newly-created OAuth app page.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret to be used later for API calls.
- Enter the same URL to Redirect URL for OAuth and Add Allow List fields.
For example, add https://oauth.pstm.io/v1/callback if using Postman.
- In the Scopes tab, click Add Scopes.
- Under App scopes, select Zoom Virtual Agent.
- On the right panel, select the boxes next to View your knowledge bases and articles and View and manage your knowledge bases.
- Click Done.
This will activate the app.