After an admin has installed the Salesforce integration and configured the integration with Zoom Events, Salesforce users can start syncing Zoom Events information and adding campaign members to those events. This article guides users through the various features available to them with the integration.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using Zoom Events with Salesforce
- Zoom Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Zoom Events or Zoom Sessions add-on assigned
- Salesforce administrator has installed the integration (version 2.5 or higher) and configured it with Zoom Events
- Salesforce Marketing user
Note: This user type is required for any user creating Campaigns in Salesforce, which is a primary function of the Zoom Events integration with Salesforce. If you do not yet have this option checked for your user profile, contact your Salesforce administrators.
Note: If the app is not installed or the features are not available, contact your Zoom and Salesforce administrators.
How to authorize Salesforce to access your Zoom Events
Before using Salesforce with Zoom Events, at least one user with access to the Zoom Events hubs you want to manage and sync must authorize Salesforce to access their Zoom Events account.
- In the top navigation bar, click Zoom User Config.
- In the left panel, click Zoom Event Settings.
- Under the User Authorization section, click Authorize from Zoom App Marketplace.
- Sign in to the appropriate Zoom account (if not already).
- Review the permissions and click Allow.
Note: A Zoom account can only be connected to one Salesforce account at a time.
How to create Zoom Events in Salesforce
Currently, Zoom Events cannot be created within Salesforce and instead must be created and published through Zoom Events directly. Learn more about creating a Zoom Event.
How to manage your events through Salesforce
While a contact or lead can be added to a Zoom Event as a registrant from within a Salesforce campaign, all other campaign management, such as removing or changing registrants, adding or removing speakers, and changing scheduled dates and times, should be done through Zoom Events directly.
Note: Any Zoom Events information sent by Zoom to Salesforce is only pushed once upon initial creation. If any of this information is deleted within Salesforce, there is currently no way to push this information again from Zoom, and instead, the user would need to manually recreate these details in Salesforce.
Select a default ticket type for the Zoom Event
If enabled and added to the Zoom Event object, a dropdown menu may be provided for the Salesforce user to choose the default Ticket Type for that event in Salesforce.
- Find and open the Zoom Event within Salesforce that you want to edit.
- Depending on where your Salesforce admin has placed it, find the Select Ticket Type field.
- Next to Default Ticket Type ID, use the dropdown menu to select the default Ticket Type you want to be used for this event.
This Ticket Type will be used as a fallback, if the Ticket Type ID Source has been enabled and selected by an admin. If not enabled and configured by admins, this choice is used as the default.
Add a contact or lead to a Zoom Event
- In the top navigation bar, click the Campaigns tab.
Alternatively, click the 9-dots icon in the top-left corner, to search for and select Campaigns.
- Find and click the campaign you want to add contacts or leads to.
If you do not see your campaign, click the Recently Viewed dropdown menu and select All Active Campaigns to view additional campaigns.
- Under the Campaign Members section, click either Add Leads or Add Contacts.
- Search for and select the lead(s) or contact(s) you want to add to the campaign.
- Click Next to save those selections.
A confirmation window will open.
- Verify the Campaign and Member Status fields are correct, then click Submit.
Any Leads or Contacts added to the Salesforce campaign not currently registered in the Zoom Event will be automatically registered to the linked event using the Ticket Type ID Source, if enabled and selected by an admin, or the default Ticket Type for the campaign is used as a fallback.