- (Optional) Under the Polls/Quizzes tab, click + Create to add 1 or more questions to the poll.
A pop-up window will appear.
- At the bottom of the pop-up window, click the ellipsis to select the Allow participants to answer questions anonymously check box.
- At the bottom of the pop-up window, click + Add Question to add more poll questions.
- Click Untitled Question to change the name of that polling question.
- Click the question area to edit the following details:
- To the right of the name of the polling question, click the dropdown menu to choose the question type:
Note: Users below version 5.8.3 will not be able to view or participate in advanced polls.
Single Choice: Poll participants can select only one of the provided answers. Possible answers can be listed all at once or under a drop-down menu.
Multiple Choice: Poll participants can select multiple provided answers.
Matching: Poll participants can match prompts on the left side with answers on the right side. The order of prompts and answers can be adjusted as needed. Up to 10 prompts can be provided for each question, with the possible matches ranging between 2-10 options.
Rank Order: Poll participants can rank each item based on the provided scale. Up to 10 items can be provided for each question, with the scale allowing a range of 2-7 options.
Short Answer: Poll participants can respond with a short answer response. The minimum and maximum allowed characters for the response can be set.
Long Answer: Poll participants can respond with a long answer response. The minimum and maximum allowed characters for the response can be set.
Fill in the blank: Poll participants are presented with the statement and a blank, asking them to fill in the missing information based on the statement and other context provided. Multiple blanks can be added and each blank has its own answer box.
Rating Scale: Poll participants are given a statement or topic, then they are given the opportunity to rate the topic on a given scale. The range of the scale can be adjusted from the default of 1-10, and the ends of the scale can be labeled to indicate what the scale is based on, for example Not likely to Extremely likely.
- Click the blank for each choice to enter an answer for participants to select from.
- Click Add Option, Add Row, Add Column, Add Prompt, or Add Answer (depending on the type of poll question selected) to add additional answer options.
- Click the trash icon to delete the current polling question.
- Click the ellipsis to access additional options:
Upload Image: Allows an image to be uploaded and displayed below the question.
Note: Use JPG/JPEG/PNG files only. The recommended image dimensions are 1920x1080 pixels. The maximum image size is 10MB.
Duplicate Question: Duplicate the current polling question as it currently is.
- Select the check box next to Required to ensure a question must be answered before a participant can submit poll answers.
- Pencil icon : Edit the existing poll.
- (Optional) Click + Add a Question to create an additional question.
Note: Each question and individual answers for a question can be reordered as needed.
- Click the ellipsis to access the following option:
Allow participants to answer questions anonymously: Poll participants can choose to have their answers associated with themselves or to provide answers to the poll anonymously.
Make a quiz and set correct answers: If you want to set correct answers and score respondents' accuracy, you can turn the polling feature into a quizzing platform.
Note: Only Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Matching, and Rank Order polls can set a correct answer. Short-answer and long-answer questions will require manual scoring.
- Create and add a poll.
- Click the ellipsis and click Make a quiz and set correct answers.
- Click Set answer shown on each question.
- Select which answer(s) you want to be the correct option.
- Click Done.
- Repeat for each question.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.
During a meeting event, all questions under a single poll will be asked when launched. You can create additional polls to ask questions at different times during a webinar event session.
Additionally, the host, alternative host, and co-editors (who have been given permission) can edit and create new polls or quizzes while a session is live/ongoing. The new or updated polls/quizzes will be published and available during the live session.
Note: You can add up to 50 polls/quizzes per session. A basic poll/quiz has a maximum limit of 10 questions. An advanced poll/quiz has a maximum limit of 50 questions.