Troubleshooting accidentally clicked Educator account
When signing up for a Zoom account, you can select the For Educators check box if your organization provides educational services to children under 18. If you accidentally clicked the Educator account option and this option doesn't apply to you, learn how to troubleshoot this issue and sign up for an account without Educator status.
How to resolve the issue of accidentally selecting an education account
Resolving this issue depends on which age group you selected and whether your organization is in the United States or international.
- If you selected the Under 13 check box and entered a U.S. location for your organization:
- For assistance with disabling the Educator setting and getting into your account, submit a request to Zoom Support. Selecting the Under 13 check box automatically prevents you from accessing your account until you provide an e-signature on Zoom’s Consent to Educational Data Collection Practices. This consent is for using Zoom products to provide educational services to children under 13.
- If you selected any other age group (13 to 15 and/or 16 to 17) except for Under 13, or are in a location other than the United States, you can disable the Educator option yourself:
- If you are still in the process of creating your account, but have not completed it yet, you can restart the account creation process from the Sign Up page with the same email address you entered before. Do not select the For Educators check box.
- If the account is already created, you can disable this setting from your account profile. Learn more about enabling and disabling the Children's Education Status setting in the Zoom web portal.