Using a companion Zoom Room
A Zoom Rooms for Touch device can be configured as a companion to an existing Zoom Room computer or appliance. This allows the Zoom Room to use the cameras of both devices, while only requiring one Zoom Rooms license.
Prerequisites for using a companion Zoom Room
Zoom Room computer or appliance
- Zoom Rooms version 5.15.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms controller version 5.15.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms license
Companion Zoom Room (Same as Zoom Rooms for Touch device)
- System requirements overview
- Single touchscreen monitor or multiple monitors
- Zoom Rooms for Windows version 5.15.0 or higher
- Windows 10 OS or higher
- The Windows PC must meet the system requirements for Zoom Rooms for the desired monitor count.
- Zoom Rooms Appliance Zoom Rooms version 5.15.0 or higher
- Not all Zoom Rooms Appliances have an integrated touch display, but external 3rd-party touch displays may be supported; consult the Appliance vendor documentation for external touch display support.
- Zoom Rooms for iPad version 5.15.0 or higher
- iPadOS version 14 or higher
How to configure a companion Zoom Room
- Move your Zoom Rooms for Touch device into the area where you have your main Zoom Room setup.
- Sign in to the Zoom Rooms for Touch device.
- Select the main Zoom Room you want to add the companion device to.
- Tap Companion Zoom Rooms.
Zoom Rooms will connect the companion device to the selected Zoom Room.
Note: Allow multi-camera mode must be enabled in the Zoom web portal in order to use the companion Zoom Room camera.