Zoom Contact Center support for SMS for Australia phone numbers
Zoom Contact Center admins can allow their users in Australia to use the SMS feature to send and receive messages using the Zoom desktop client. Admins can order, select and assign Australia phone numbers from the Zoom web portal. Once enabled, users can send domestic SMS to all mobile carriers within Australia.
- You can send SMS messages to up to 10 recipients at a time, but the message will be delivered as a 1:1 message and not as a group message.
- URLs can be sent in the message content.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using SMS mobile numbers in Australia
- Account admin to enable the feature
- Zoom Global Phone Number license
- Submission of KYC (Know Your Customer) documentation such as:
- Proof of company registered address
- Proof of identity of the company’s authorized representative
Limitations for using SMS in Australia
- Using SMS in New Zealand is not supported at this time.
- International SMS is not supported.
- Multimedia messages (MMS) are not supported.
How to enable and use SMS in Australia
Frequently asked questions for enabling and using SMS in Australia
I have an existing number mobile service with a wireless operator in Australia (Telstra, Optus, etc). Can I port my wireless service into Zoom with these +61 4 SMS capable numbers?
Number porting is not supported at this time.
Can I get a similar number in New Zealand?
New Zealand is not supported at this time.
Are Alphanumeric Sender IDs supported?
Not at the moment but we will soon be adding support for these in the near future.
Can I send a group message?
No, not supported at this time.
Can I make and receive voice calls from these numbers?
No, inbound and outbound voice calls are not supported for mobile phone numbers with Zoom Contact Center.