Converting meetings/webinars to a Zoom Session event
You can convert an existing Zoom meeting or Zoom Webinars—one that you have already scheduled—to a Zoom Sessions event. Converting your existing scheduled Zoom meeting into a Zoom Sessions event enables you to take full advantage of Zoom Sessions' features and functionalities to:
- Monetize the event by:
- Generating free tickets, paid tickets, and tickets restricted to users on a guest list.
- Making tickets available for purchase for single-session events or recurring sessions events.
- Keep your sessions on-brand by leveraging event-level and session-level branding.
- Drive registration by using enhanced branding visuals and optional embedded fundraising functionality from an event registration page.
- View and manage your Zoom Sessions registrations to keep track of ticket sales from Zoom Sessions analytics in addition to managing refunds.
- Safeguard your events with Zoom Sessions' unique and secure process for guests to join events.
Note: Webinars or meetings that last longer than 23 hours are not supported.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for converting a Zoom meeting/webinar to a Zoom Sessions event
Understand best practices before converting a Zoom meeting/webinar
To properly migrate all necessary webinar or meeting attributes to a new Zoom Session event, review the following best practices:
- You can only convert the upcoming meeting or webinar that you scheduled. The meeting or webinar can’t be recurring or have a Personal Meeting ID (PMI). Only a Zoom meeting created with a meeting ID that was automatically generated by Zoom can be converted into a Zoom Sessions event.
- The conversion will retain the basic information, event configurations, and security settings. Some features may not be converted.
- Once published, Zoom Events will override the original settings (name, description, date and time, and event security settings) for the selected meeting or webinar. The event cannot be edited outside of Zoom Events.
- Any converted meeting or webinar will be subject to capacity limits on your Zoom Events or Zoom Sessions license. You may use your account’s pre-purchased credits, if any, and could be subject to overage charges.
- Converting your Zoom meeting to a Zoom Sessions event will not allow users to join the event by telephone, even if it was enabled for the Zoom meeting. Users can join the Zoom Sessions event audio by using their computer audio only.
- Zoom Events does not support joining via telephone for registered attendees who use the previous email sent by the Zoom web portal rather than Zoom Events. The passcode is the same as others in the meeting created on the Zoom web portal.
- For tickets sent by Zoom Events, the passcode is unique for each meeting/webinar, and Zoom Events can support joining via telephone.
- The following webinar/meeting attributes and features are not supported.
- Recurring webinars and meetings
- Email Settings
- Registration branding
- Person Meeting IDs (PMI)
- Webinars and meetings that have titles greater than 75 characters will get truncated. Zoom Events and Zoom Sessions only support titles up to 75 characters.
Understand registrants' join process for converted Zoom Sessions events
When you convert a Zoom meeting/webinar to a Zoom Sessions event, any registrants that were imported at the time of conversion or registrants using the original meeting/webinar join link should expect the following experience when joining your converted Zoom Sessions event:
- Using the newly issued Zoom Sessions event join link will result in the user having their new Zoom Sessions ticket accessible from their events portal.
Join converted Zoom Sessions event with original Zoom meeting's/webinar's join link
Note: All users should be reminded to update their Zoom desktop client to the latest version for the fastest joining experience. If they registered before the Zoom meeting/webinar was converted to a Zoom Sessions event, they should sign in using the email they originally registered with or join the event directly if they use the previous join link.
How to convert an existing Zoom meeting/webinar to a Zoom Sessions event
Note: You must reserve ticket capacity for registrants from outside of Zoom Events. If no capacity is set, only the users who registered from Zoom Events will be able to join your event.
- Sign in to Zoom Events.
- In the left navigation menu, click the top dropdown arrow and select Across Hubs.
- In the left navigation menu, click Events.
- In the top-right corner, click Create From Meeting/Webinar.
A pop-up window will appear.
- In the window, enter the meeting or webinar ID that you want to convert to a Zoom Sessions event.
- Click Continue.
- Review the meeting or webinar information.
- (Optional) Under Creating an event for this Hub, click the dropdown menu and select the hub you want.
Note: Members of this hub can also edit this event. Once the event is saved or published, you won’t be able to move it to another hub.
- Click Convert.
A confirmation window will appear, informing you that your event has been converted and published. In the confirmation window, you can copy the event link, access the event's overview, or view the event detail page.
- You can view the meeting/webinar in the web portal; this event will be marked with a Zoom Events tag. The hub host will no longer see the meeting/webinar again because it has been transferred to the hub owner’s meeting/webinar list in the Zoom web portal.
- The owner of the hub will own the converted event.
- Some features, such as the survey, registration branding, and email settings, won’t be converted.