New View call logs
Admins now have access to the enhanced call logs view. This new view allows them to utilize advanced filters for various call attributes, including call type, result, extension type, number type, group, events within the call, spam, and result. Furthermore, the call path column provides comprehensive descriptions of the sequential steps involved in each call. Admins can conveniently switch between the Classic View and the New View based on their preferences.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for viewing the New View Call Logs
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license
How to access and filter the New View Call Logs
You can view logs for all phone users in your account.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Logs.
- Click the Calls tab.
- On the top right, click New View.
- Use the following controls to filter and search call log entries:
From To: Filter the call logs by date.
Search bar: Filter the data by a specific phone user, phone number, extension, or email address.
Department: Enter the department you want to view call logs for.
Direction & Call Type: Filter the direction of the call and call type as follows:
- General calls
- Emergency calls
Extension Type: Filter the extension where the call is generated as follows:
- Call queue.
- Auto Receptionist.
- Common Area
- Zoom Room
- Cisco/Polycom Room
Spam: Filter any associated spam to your calls as follows:
Note: This filter only applies to inbound calls.
Event: Filter any event associated with your calls as follows:
- System Transfer
- Call Park
- Pick Up
- Transfer to 3rd Party
- Merge Call
Result: Filter the result of how the call was handled as follows:
- Hang Up
- No Answer
- Invalid Operation
Group: Filter your calls by groups of users.
Number Type: Filter the type of phone numbers you want to view the log for as follow:
- Zoom PSTN
- External PSTN
- 3rd party PSTN
- Service Number
- Specific Number
Site: Filter your calls by sites if you have sites enabled for your account.
- Click the More icon to display what you want to view on the page.
- Click Export at the top-right area to save a CSV file containing the current call log entries you've filtered using the options in the previous step.
How to identify log entries according to the filters used
The following points explain the columns in the log table to help you identify log entries:
- Click the Settings icon to add or remove items you would like to display on the page and view the following:
Direction: The direction of the call.
From: The caller ID, name, and number of the originating call.
To: The name, extension, and phone number of the target call participant.
Type: The type of the call.
Start Time: The date and time when the call started.
Event: The event that occurred for the call.
Result: How the call was handled.
Recorded: If the call was recorded or not.
Duration: The duration of the call in hours, minutes, and seconds.
Client Code: The assigned client code to the call if there is any.
Site: The associated site of the extension that made or received the call.
Department: The associated department of the extension that made or received the call.
Cost Center: Assigned cost center.
Auto Delete: Any rule applied to auto-delete the data.
- To the right of a call, click Call Path to identify the exact path of the call and identify the following:
Note: The call path will provide information such as call queue members who have been alerted or notified during a call; if the call went through an auto-receptionist, any internal and external transfers, and specific route group details (SIP). Voicemail and call recordings can also be accessed and played from the call path.
- Name and extension of the caller.
- Name and extension of the person called.
Client: Click Add, to add a client code.
- Call path with date and start/end time, event, result.
- On the top right of the page, click Export to save a CSV file containing the current call log entries you've filtered.
- On the top right of the page, click the Trash icon to view any items that may have been deleted by users or retention policy.
- On the top right of the page, click Classic View to return to the classic view of the call logs.