Sometimes finding the right words can be challenging. Chat Compose with AI Companion for Team Chat leverages AI technology, which may include third-party models, to help you write messages by using context from your conversation. You’ll maintain the ability to change messages by adding tone, inputting prompts, or changing the length of the message to give you confidence in what you’re communicating.
Learn more about using Team Chat Compose with AI Companion and how Zoom AI Companion features handle your data.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for enabling Team Chat Compose with AI Companion
- A Zoom Pro, Zoom One Business, Zoom One Business Plus, Zoom One Enterprise, Zoom One Enterprise Plus, or Enterprise Bundle account
Note: AI Companion may not be available for select verticals and select regional customers.
- Account owner or admin privileges
Note: On an interim basis, using Team Chat Compose with AI Companion requires being a Licensed user on these account types.
Note on Data Usage
Zoom does not use any customer audio, video, chat, screen sharing, attachments or other communications-like content (such as poll results, whiteboard and reactions) to train Zoom’s or third-party AI models.
We evaluate and update our models periodically and those used to support Zoom AI Companion may change from time to time. For features in AI Companion that use third-party AI model providers, we will share relevant data with those third-parties when you use the feature. For example, if you use chat compose to help draft responses in Zoom Team Chat, the chat thread and your drafted response will be sent to the relevant model to provide the service. Data may be processed within U.S. based data centers.
Learn more about how Zoom uses data to provide Zoom AI Companion features.
Limitations of Team Chat Compose with AI Companion
- Team Chat Compose with AI Companion is only supported in English currently.
- Use of Team Chat Compose with AI Companion is limited to 30 queries per day, per user.
- Use of Team Chat Compose with AI Companion is not available in all countries.
How to enable Team Chat Compose with AI Companion
To enable or disable Team Chat Compose with AI Companion for all users in the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the AI Companion tab.
- Under Team Chat, click the Team Chat Compose with AI Companion toggle to enable or disable this feature.
If Team Chat Compose with AI Companion is disabled, there will be an additional option below, allowing admins to control if the Compose with Zoom AI Companion option is still shown in Team Chat or not. If shown in Team Chat, users can request to have the feature enabled, which sends an enablement request email from Zoom to all admins.
- If Shown in Team Chat is displayed, Team Chat users will still see the Compose with AI Companion option and have the option to request an admin enable this feature.
- If Hidden in Team Chat is displayed, Team Chat users will not see the Compose with AI Companion option nor the ability to request admin enablement. The user would need to request an admin provide them access to this feature.
To enable or disable Thread Summary for a group of users:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit groups.
- In the navigation menu, click User Management then Groups.
- Click the applicable group name from the list.
- Click the AI Companion tab.
- Under Team Chat, click the Team Chat Compose with AI Companion toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed at that level.
- (Optional) To prevent all users in the group from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.