Identifying Zoom Events companion or virtual mode attendees
Hosts can set up hybrid events to allow both remote and on-site attendees to participate in the event. They can set up sessions to be viewed virtually, in person, or both. Hosts can view the participants who are in companion mode or virtual mode in their meetings/webinar sessions. They can ask participants to switch to virtual mode (for audio and video). An icon is displayed for participants who use companion mode, differentiating them from virtual mode users.
Learn more about creating a Zoom Event, managing attendees' on-site experience, and using the Zoom Events Companion app.
Prerequisites for identifying Zoom Events companion or virtual mode attendees
Note: For access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we strongly recommend hosts to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
How to identify Zoom Events companion or virtual mode attendees
Start a Zoom Event.
- After starting the webinar or meeting session, click the Participants tab in the meeting controls.
The participant list will appear.
- In the participant list, hover your mouse over an attendee with the listening icon , then click Enable Stream.
The participant will receive the following request: The host has asked you to enable stream (this will allow for audio/video capabilities).
- Acknowledge the participant's response to your request by clicking Got it:
- If the participant declines the request to unmute or switch to virtual mode, you will receive this notification: Participant has declined your request to enable stream.
- If the participant accepts the request, you will receive this notification: Participant has enabled stream.