After an admin has installed the Salesforce integration and configured the integration with Zoom Meetings, Salesforce users can start meetings and sync attendees and other details to Salesforce. This article guides users through the various features available to them with the integration.
This article contains:
Prerequisites for using Zoom Meetings with Salesforce
Note: If the app is not installed or the features are not available, contact your Zoom and Salesforce administrators.
How to authorize Salesforce to access your Zoom Meetings
- In the top-left corner, click the 9-dots App Launcher icon to search for Zoom User Config.
- In the left panel, click Zoom Meeting Settings.
- Under the User Authorization section, click Authorize from Zoom App Marketplace.
- Sign in to the appropriate Zoom account (if not already).
- Review the permissions and click Allow.
Note: A Zoom account can only be connected to one Salesforce account at a time.
How to set user-level meeting settings
- While still in the Zoom User Config page, click the checkbox next to each item as needed:
- PMI Enabled For Scheduled Meeting: Enable this to use your PMI for any meetings scheduled with through Salesforce.
Note: Using your PMI for all scheduled meetings does create limitations for scheduling and cloud recordings.
- Send Email to Attendees at Launch: Enable this to have a reminder email sent to participants when creating a meeting through Salesforce.
- Send ICS in Invitation Email: Enable this to include an ICS file for the calendar event with the invitation email.
- Enable Join Before Host: Enable this option to allow participants to join the meeting before the host joins.
- Disable Invitation Email: Enable this option to prevent meeting invitation emails from being sent.
- Click Save to confirm changes.
How to create events for Zoom Meetings
- In the top navigation bar, click the Calendar tab.
Note: If your navigation bar has been customized to not display the Calendar tab, use the 9-dots App Launcher to search for and select Calendar.
- Click on the calendar to create a new event.
- Fill in the event information and click Save.
- Click on the event that was just created to open up the event’s details page.
- In the top right corner of the event details page, click the down arrow to view more options.
- Click Make it a Zoom Meeting.
- Click Ok.
A Zoom meeting will be created for this event.
- You can create only one meeting scheduled with your PMI at a time, unless the other scheduled meeting has already ended.
- You can only retrieve the latest recording of a meeting scheduled with your PMI.
How to start an instant Zoom Meeting
To facilitate quicker creation of instant Zoom Meetings, users can add the Start Zoom Meeting button to various page layouts, including the Account, Contact, Lead, and Case pages.
- In the top-right corner, click the gear icon .
- In the drop-down menu, click Setup.
- On the top navigation bar, click the Object Manager tab.
- Select the page you want to edit, such as Account, Contact, Lead, or Case.
- Click on the Page Layouts tab.
- Select the Page Layout that is assigned to your profile.
Note: In the top right, the Page Layout Assignment button can be used to see which Page Layout is assigned to your profile.
- Using the user interface elements palette at the top of the page, select the Mobile & Lightning Actions section.
- Find and then drag the Start Zoom Meeting option down to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section of the detail page below.
- Click Save.
The Start Zoom Meeting button will be added to the action items for that page.
Clicking the button will start a new instant meeting and send an email (If Send Email to Attendees at Launch is enabled within Zoom User Config) to the associated contacts to join the meeting.
How to manually create an event in Salesforce for an external Zoom Meeting
After scheduling a meeting within Zoom, Zoom will sync the meeting details with the connected Salesforce account through a webhook. Invitees may also be synced to Salesforce, but only if the invited participants were invited through one of these means listed here.
Salesforce will attempt to sync all invited participants to existing contacts or leads, matching the invited email address with the email field within Salesforce.
- If there is a match, an Event object will be created in Salesforce and each attendee will be linked to the matching contact or lead record.
- If no match can be made, the meeting will be synced to Salesforce, but instead listed on the External Zoom Meetings page.
Follow the instructions below to manually import and create a matching Salesforce Event object with the corresponding unmatched invitees.
- In the top-left corner, click the 9-dots App Launcher icon to search for and select External Zoom Meeting.
- Provide the Start Date and End Date for the event and then click Get Details to search for meetings matching that timeframe.
Meetings you hosted within this timeframe are displayed below.
- For each meeting you want to assign to a contact, fill out the following fields:
- Subject: Enter the topic of the meeting. This is for your own reference of the topic of this meeting.
- Related to: Select the Salesforce contact associated with this meeting.
- When you have finished entering the details for the meetings you want to associate with a contact, click Create Events.
How to sync meeting details to Salesforce
Meeting details, such as the actual start and end times, participant count and names, and duration, can be synced from Zoom into your Salesforce event.
- Open the Event page.
- In the top right corner next to New Lead, click the down arrow .
Additional options will appear.
- Click Sync Zoom Meeting Details.
- Click Confirm.
Salesforce will sync with Zoom and pull additional meeting details for the associated Zoom Meeting.
Note: Many details can only be synced to Salesforce after the meeting has ended.