Zoom Phone support for SMS for Australia
Admins can now allow their users in Australia to use the SMS feature to send and receive messages from their Zoom clients. Admins can order, select and assign them from the Zoom web portal. Once enabled for their users, they can send domestic SMS to all mobile carriers within Australia.
- You can send SMS messages to up to 10 recipients at a time but the message will be delivered as a 1:1 message and not as a group message.
- URLs can be sent in the message content.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using SMS Mobile numbers in Australia
- Account admin to enable the feature
- Business, or Enterprise account
- Zoom Phone Regional calling plan for AU/NZ
- Emergency service address set up
- Submission of KYC (Know Your Customer) documentation such as:
- Proof of company registered address
- Proof of identity of the company’s authorized representative
Limitations for using SMS in Australia
- Using SMS in New Zealand is not supported at this time.
- Zoom Phone Pro Global Select Unlimited Calling plan does not support the Mobile phone number type.
- International SMS is not supported.
- Multimedia messages (MMS) are not supported.
How to enable and use SMS in Australia
Frequently asked questions for enabling and using SMS in Australia
I have an existing Zoom Phone toll number in Australia. Can I swap out the number and use an +61 4 SMS capable number on this calling plan?
- Yes. users are allowed to use the numbers in this fashion.
I have an existing number mobile service with a wireless operator in Australia (Telstra, Optus, etc). Can I port my wireless service into Zoom with these +61 4 SMS capable numbers?
- Number porting is not supported at this time.
Can I get a similar number in New Zealand?
- New Zealand is not supported at this time.
Are Alphanumeric Sender IDs supported?
- Not at the moment but we will soon be adding support for these in the near future.
Can I send a group message?
- Yes, you can message up to 10 recipients in one SMS.
Can I make and receive voice calls from these numbers?
- Yes, inbound and outbound voice calls with emergency services are supported just like your regular Zoom Phone toll numbers.
Can I use an existing emergency address for my KYC verification for Australia Mobile numbers?
- No. Unfortunately, at this time we require a new address to be created. You can recreate the same address as a verified KYC address and use it to order mobile range numbers in Australia.