Managing the single-session Custom Report tab
The Analytics section in the event creation flow includes the Custom Report tab. In this tab, event organizers can create and download custom attendee reports by selecting the metrics that they want. Hosts can generate a list of participants that is tailored to their needs and specific criteria, and hosts can leverage this list for follow-up actions.
Learn more about creating a single-session event.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for managing the Custom Report tab for single-session events
How to access the Custom Report tab in for single-session events
- Create a Zoom Sessions event or edit an upcoming event to access the event setup.
- In the navigation menu, click Analytics, then click Custom Report.
The Custom Report page will appear.
How to create a custom report
Create custom user reports by selecting your own filters.
- Access the Custom Report tab in the event setup.
- In the top-right corner, click Create Custom Report.
A panel will appear.
- In the panel, edit the following information:
- Report name: Enter a name for the report.
- How would you like your CSV exported?: Select how you want your CSV report to download:
- Sessions by column: This keeps the original CSV structure.
- Sessions by row: This offers a cleaner CSV structure.
- Add metrics to this report: Click the dropdown, then select metrics to filter a report.
After selecting a metric, the dropdown menu changes to a list of multiple values under the selected metric.
- Under the selected metric, choose the checkboxes that you want to filter from the list of values.
- (Optional) Click the icon on a filter to remove an individual filter.
- When you are finished selecting metrics, click Match All.
- (Optional) Select the Download CSV upon creation checkbox.
Your report will download as a CSV file upon clicking Create Report, and the report will display information based on the selected metrics.
- Click Create Report.
Note: The custom report will always display the attendee's Display Name and Registrant Email.
Select available filters
You can select from these metrics—and the multi-selected list of values under the selected metric—to filter a custom report.
Note: Each metric has the Select all checkbox as a listed value.
- Authentication Type: Select this metric to filter by authentication type.
- Country: Use this metric to select the countries you want to filter.
- Downloaded Material for Session: Select the session that has the downloadable material you want to filter by. Then, select the downloadable material (PDF file) that you want to filter by.
- Event Attendance: Select this metric to filter by event attendance.
- Attended: Select this checkbox to filter by unique attendees who attended your event.
- Absent. Select this checkbox to filter by unique attendees who missed your event.
- Marketing Communication: Select the checkboxes you want to filter by the following attendee responses.
- Opt-in: Filters by attendees who opted in to marketing communication.
- Opt-out: Filters by attendees who opted out of marketing communication.
- N/A: Filters by the unavailable response from attendees.
- Number of Polls Taken: Use this metric to filter by the number of polls taken. Set a minimum and maximum amount of polls that attendees would have taken.
- Number of Surveys Taken: Use this metric to filter by the number of surveys taken. Set a minimum and maximum amount of surveys that attendees would have taken.
- Recording View Duration (in minutes): Use this metric to filter by the recording view duration. Set a minimum and maximum amount of time that an attendee would have spent viewing a recording. You can also select and filter by a specific session.
- Register Date: Select the date range of attendee registrations.
- Registration Method: Use this metric to filter by ticket detail, pre-registration, self-registration, group join links, or other registration methods.
- Registration Question for Ticket: Select this metric to filter by the custom registration questions. Then, select the list of answers provided by attendees.
- Resource Link Engagement: Select the session that has the resource link you want to filter by. Then, select the resource link that you want to filter by.
- Responded to Polls: Use this metric to filter by poll response.
- Responded to Survey: Use this metric to filter by the survey response.
- Session Attendance Duration (in minutes): Use this metric to filter by session attendance. Set a minimum and maximum amount of time that an attendee would have spent in a session. You can also select and filter by a specific session.
- Source of Registration: Use this metric to select the source of registration to filter.
- Ticket Name: Select this metric to filter by your event's ticket names.
- Select the checkboxes of the ticket name(s) that you want to filter.
- Watched Recording for Session: Select the session recording that you want to filter.
How to manage the report history
View your custom report filter combinations
After you create a custom report, the report will appear in the Report History section.
Enable or disable columns
You can select the columns and the columns' information that you want to hide or display in the Report History section. You can either use the Columns button and enable or disable column toggles, or you can use the vertical dots by each column name to select the columns you want to hide or display.
Use the Columns button
- In the top-left corner of the Report History section, click the Columns button.
A menu will display the column toggles you can enable or disable.
- (Optional) At the top of the column menu, use the search box to find a column.
- To the left of each column name, click the toggle to enable or disable it.
When enabled, the column and its information will be displayed. When disabled, the column and its information will be hidden.
- (Optional) Click the Hide all button to disable all column toggles.
All columns and their information will be hidden.
- (Optional) Click the Show all button to enable all column toggles.
All columns and their information will be displayed.
Use the vertical dots
- In the Report History section, hover your mouse over a column name.
- To the right of the column name, click the 3 vertical dots , then select the following actions:
- Unsort: Selecting this will remove the sorting of information.
- Sort by ASC: Selecting this will sort all information in ascending order.
- Sort by DESC: Selecting this will sort all information in descending order.
- Hide: Selecting this will hide the column and its information.
- Show columns: Selecting this will make the column toggle menu appear, where you can enable or disable columns you want to display or hide.
Sort Report History
Each column has a sorting icon that shows that the columns can be sorted. A column with the up arrow icon indicates that sorting is in ascending order. Clicking the up arrow icon will change it to a down arrow and sort the column in descending order.
Rerun and delete your saved reports
- Access the Custom Report tab in the event creation flow.
- In the Report History section, under the Action column in the row of the report you want to manage, select the action that you want to take:
- Rerun: Use this action to re-download a custom report.
- Delete: Use this action to remove a saved custom report (and the custom report filter combinations). If a confirmation window appears, click Delete.
How to share event analytics
To share analytics, you must add co-editors and give them analytics permission.
Note: Hub owners and hosts are automatically given access.
How to download standard reports
- Access the Analytics Custom Report tab in the event creation flow.
- In the top-right corner of the Custom Report page, click View All Standard Reports.
A Download Standard Reports panel will appear, displaying all analytics reports.
- In the panel, to the left of the report you want to view, click the forward arrow to expand and view the details of the reports.
- To the right of the report you want to download, click Download .