Enabling SIP Video Interop for Meetings
Zoom supports organizations using their internal 3rd party room systems with Zoom Meetings utilizing the Conference Room Connector (CRC). However, organizations that do not have the CRC add-on can now have participants join meetings hosted by Licensed users via SIP-based room systems, without the need for a CRC license.
In addition to only being able to join via SIP-based room systems, the following features will be available with SIP Video Interop for Meetings:
Video Interop for Meetings
|Protocols supported||SIP||SIP and H.323|
|Supported webinar roles||Attendee only||Attendee and Panelist roles|
|Support room management||N||Y|
Prerequisites for enabling SIP Video Interop for Meetings
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Account does not have a CRC add-on
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Host is a Licensed user
How to enable SIP Video Interop for Meetings
To enable or disable SIP Video Interop for Meetings for all users on the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under More Settings, click the Call a SIP/H.323 room system directly from the client
toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- (Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.