Zoom app installation error on Mac Ventura
Some users may experience issues installing or upgrading the Zoom app after updating the Operating System (OS) to Ventura 13 on their Mac computer or using this OS. The following symptoms have been reported:
- The Zoom app was working fine then tried to upgrade and got an installation failed error stating to contact the manufacturer.
- Uninstall the Zoom app but cannot reinstall it and get an installation failed error.
- Upgrading the Zoom app returns error 10004 or error 10008.
The issue impacts some Mac devices running Ventura 13.
To resolve the issue try the following steps:
- On your Mac computer, go to System Settings > Privacy & Security > Full Disk Access and enable Installer.
- Then go to System Settings > Privacy & Security > Files and Folders > Installer and enable Downloads Folder.
- After enabling these options, please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.
- If the installer is not seen at the above locations, you can add it manually by going to Finder > Go > Go to Folder...- key in /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app and then add the installer once the option is listed.