Making an outbound video call using Zoom Contact Center
Zoom Contact Center agents can place an outbound video call and associate the call with one of the queues they're a member of.
Note: To enable this feature, submit a request to Zoom Support.
Prerequisites for making an outbound video call
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.13.10 or higher
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
- Outbound calls enabled by your admin
- Member of one or more video queues
Note: You can be in the Ready or Not Ready status to make an outbound video call.
How to make an outbound video call
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Contact Center tab.
- Click the plus icon then New Video Call.
- If you belong to more than one video queue, click the Caller ID drop-down menu and select the queue to associate the outbound call with. Admins and supervisors will see the associate queue when viewing engagement history for the voice call.
- Specify a consumer using one of these methods:
Search contacts: Type a name or number above the dial pad to search Zoom Contact Center address book contacts. Click a search result to select the contact's email address or phone number.
Enter an email: Manually enter an email address
Enter a number: Manually enter a phone number that supports SMS.
- Click Send and Start. During the video call, use video call controls.
- The consumer will receive the join link through email or SMS. They can click the link to join using a web browser. They will also be prompted to enter a display name before joining the video call.
- The join link will be active for 5 minutes.
- Your status will automatically change to Occupied.