Pre-registering Zoom Events guests
Hosts can pre-register users by directly sending them emails with event join links when publishing an event. Pre-registration eliminates the need for attendees to register before joining a Zoom Event. After being pre-registered for an event by the host, attendees will receive join links in an email invitation when the event is published.
Hosts can control whether pre-registered guests will receive a join link, require registration, and receive email notifications. Hosts can also do the following actions:
- Bulk-upload external tickets and registrations, providing support for users that register on Zoom Events (other ticketing or manual registration lists)
- Add or delete pre-registered attendees
- Extract registration or join links from registration management
This article covers:
Prerequisites for pre-registering Zoom Events guests
Note: For access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we strongly recommend hosts to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
Limitations for pre-registering Zoom Events guests
Pre-registration has the following limitations:
- Hosts can upload larger attendee lists for pre-registration and invitations to their event. The maximum limit for uploading attendees in an event is a 10 MB file limit that can correlate to around 10,000 attendees in an upload.
- The new imports will be added to the existing records.
- Larger uploads will take longer to reflect.
How to pre-register Zoom Events guests
- In the Zoom Events creation flow, access the Manage Registrants page.
- Click the Registrants tab.
- Click Pre-register Guests.
A panel will appear.
- In the panel, select from the following:
Select a Ticket Type: Use the dropdown menu to select the ticket type that users can register for. Users you add to the guest list can view and register for this ticket type.
Note: If the host pre-registers guests for any event (paid or free), pre-registered users do have the option to purchase that ticket that the host selected; pre-registration means that the host registers the users and eliminates the need for users to purchase tickets.
Authentication for joining the event: Select the authentication method for your event.
Zoom account holders (Authenticate via Zoom.us): Guests must sign in with their Zoom account.
Non-Zoom users (Fast join without upfront authentication): Anyone with the join link can access the event.
Signed in via external SSO: Guests must use an external SSO to sign in.
- Click the Select External Authentication dropdown and select the external authentication method.
Do you want this guest to register for the event?: Select if you want pre-registered guests to register or join your event directly.
- If you select Yes, registration forms will be sent to guests and geo-blocking will apply.
- If you select No, registration forms will not be sent to guests, and guests will be able to join the event directly. Registration geo-blocking will not apply.
Do you want Zoom Events to send all email communications?:
- Select Yes if you want Zoom Events to send out invitations, reminders, and transactional emails.
- Select No if you want to send all email communications.
How many guests would you like to pre-register?: Select if you want to Add Single Guest or Import Multiple Guests from CSV.
- To pre-register Single Guests:
- Complete all Guest Information fields.
- Click Register.
The guest and their information will appear on the Manage Registrants page.
- To pre-register Multiple Guests:
- Download the sample CSV file.
- Enter and edit the information for your pre-registered guests.
- Save the CSV file.
- Drag and drop the CSV file or click Choose Files to upload your file.
- (Optional) Click Re-upload to select another CSV file to upload.
- Click Register.
The guests and their information will appear on the Manage Registrants page.
Pre-registered guests will have the Pre-register Invited registration status.