The Zoom Contact Center Zendesk Integration allows agents to access Zoom Contact Center functionality from the Zendesk.
Follow this article to learn how to use the integration. Using the Zendesk integration, you can set your status, accept calls, view engagement details, and make outbound calls.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using Zoom Contact Center Zendesk Integration
How to access the Zoom Contact Center Zendesk Integration
- If the app installed by your administrator is available to you, it will show in the top bar.
- Click the app to open it
- Click Login, then sign in using your Zoom Contact Center credentials.
After you sign in you will see the dial pad for the app.
How to set your status
Agents can select their real-time status for Zoom Contact Center. Status options are configured by your Zoom Contact Center admin.
- Open the Zoom Contact Center Zendesk app.
- In the status drop-down menu located in the top-left corner, select Ready so that you can receive and accept incoming voice calls.
Learn more about Zoom Contact Center statuses.
How to accept an inbound call
When your status is set to Ready, you can accept inbound calls.
When receiving an inbound call notification, click Accept to answer the call. Your status will automatically change to Occupied.
Learn more about Zoom Contact Center inbound notifications.
How to use in-call controls
The Zoom Contact Center Zendesk Integration has the same in-call controls as the Zoom desktop client. Learn more about in-call controls.
How to link details to a ticket
- Accept a voice call using the Zoom Contact Center Zendesk app.
- In the top-right corner, click the ellipses icon, then click Ticket to manage the phone call in relation to a ticket.
You will see a new screen with two options, either create a new ticket or update an existing ticket.
- If you choose to create a new ticket you will need to provide a subject and description for the ticket.
- If you choose to update an existing ticket, you will be shown a list of tickets that are currently open for the consumer that called in.
- After selecting an option. the Zendesk background will navigate you to that ticket page automatically.
How to view engagement details
After the voice call has ended, you will see information about the closed engagement. Learn more about the engagement information displayed during wrap up.
During a call, you can access the engagement details by clicking the ellipses icon In the top-right corner then Engagement.
There is an additional field that is specific to the Zoom Contact Center Zendesk Integration:
Relate to: Select a ticket to this field in order to add notes to the ticket.
You can also add notes or disposition to the engagement.
How to make an outbound call
The integration enables agents to use click-to-dial in the app to dial out to the customer with a customizable outbound caller ID. The outbound dialed call is automatically logged against the record whose number has been dialed out.
- Change your status to Not Ready.
- Next to the status drop-down menu, click the dial pad icon.
- (Optional) Below the dial pad, select your caller ID and queue:
- In Zendesk, find the user you would like to call. The phone number fields on the user page support the click-to-dial functionality
How to view call history
Call history is automatically synchronized with the customer data and history for each interaction. Agents can access the call history from the Zendesk integration application.
- In the Zoom Contact Center panel, click History.
- Click the drop-down menu to select the time period to display historical data for.
- Click the filter icon to filter history.