Zoom Whiteboard users can use a kanban board to stay on top of their projects and track progress of tasks. Kanban board is organized like a table with columns representing each stage of the process and cards representing work items.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using Kanban board in Zoom Whiteboard
How to insert a Kanban board on whiteboard
- Create or open a whiteboard.
- In the toolbar on the left side of the screen, click the More Tools icon .
- Select KanBan.
- Click Kanban Board.
- Click anywhere on canvas to insert the Kanban Board.
A kanban board will be added with these default states:
How to use the Kanban board
One card is automatically inserted to each column. To add more cards, click + Add below the existing card inside the column.
Click the card you want to edit, then click the icons in the context menu to edit the cards.
Click the card you want to remove, then click the ellipses icon in the context menu. From the drop-down menu, click Delete.
Select a card and drag it sideways to move it to another column. Select a card and drag it vertically to reorder the cards within the column.
Click the ellipses icon beside the column name (To do, In progress, Done), and then select Add Column.
Hover your mouse over the column name. Click the existing name to remove it and enter a new name.
Click the ellipses icon beside the column name (To do, In progress, Done), and then select Delete.
Hover your mouse over the swimlane. Click and drag the swimlane sideways to move it to the right or left.
By defaults, colors are added to each column. Colors can be used to indicate priority or represent tasks. To change the color, click the ellipses icon beside the column name (To do, In progress, Done), then select Change Color. Select from the default 8 colors, or add a new color by entering its hex code or by using the color picker.
How to manage the Kanban board
- Insert a Kanban board on your whiteboard.
- Right-click anywhere on the Kanban board.
Alternatively, you can also click the ellipsis icon on the mini toolbar below or at the top of the Kanban board.
- Select from the following options:
- Copy: Copy the selected board.
- Copy as image: Copy the selected board as an image which can then be shared or pasted into applications that support images.
- Paste: Place the copied board somewhere else on the whiteboard.
- Duplicate: Make an exact copy of the selected board.
- Copy Link to Object: Copy the hyperlink or URL of a selected board which can then be shared or pasted elsewhere.
- Bring Forward: Move the selected board up one layer.
- Bring to Front: Put the selected board on the top layer.
- Send Backward: Move the selected board back one layer.
- Send to back: Put the selected board on the bottom layer.
- Export as Data: Export data from selected board as a CSV file.
- Add Comment: Add comments directly to the board.
- Save as Template: Save the selected board as a template. Users can use the saved template to create a new whiteboard.
- Info: Show the creator and last editor of the selected board.
- Lock: Lock board to prevent other users with edit access from accidentally modifying the content.
- Delete: Delete the selected board.
- (Optional) To rename a Kanban board, click the board name Kanban to remove it, and then enter a new name.