Pre-registering Zoom Sessions guests
Hosts can pre-register users by directly sending them emails with event join links when publishing an event. Pre-registration eliminates the need for attendees to register before joining a Zoom Sessions event. After being pre-registered for an event by the host, attendees will receive join links in an email invitation when the event is published.
Hosts can pre-register one or multiple email addresses for a Zoom Sessions event. Hosts can choose to issue a fast join link or the normal join link at pre-registration. Users of the normal join link will be directed to pass authentication upon joining the event. Users of the fast join link will skip authentication upon joining the event. Pre-registration users have access (registered) to all sessions. The join link opens the session while it's ongoing. When the session isn't occurring, the join link opens the lobby.
Hosts can control whether pre-registered guests will receive a join link, require registration, and receive email notifications. Hosts can also do the following actions:
- Bulk-upload external tickets and registrations, providing support for users that register on Zoom Sessions (other ticketing or manual registration lists)
- Add or delete pre-registered attendees
- Extract registration or join links from registration management
Prerequisites for pre-registering Zoom Sessions guests
Note: For access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we strongly recommend hosts to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
How to pre-register Zoom Sessions guests
- In the Zoom Sessions event setup, access the Manage Registrants page.
- Click the Registrants tab.
- Click Pre-register Guests.
A panel will appear.
- In the panel, select from the following:
Authentication for joining the event: Select the authentication method for your event.
Zoom account holders (Authenticate via Zoom.us): Guests must sign in with their Zoom account.
Non-Zoom users (Fast join without upfront authentication): Anyone with the join link can access the event.
Signed in via external SSO: Guests must use an external SSO to sign in.
- Click the Select External Authentication dropdown and select the external authentication method.
Do you want this guest to register for the event?: Select if you want pre-registered guests to register or join your event directly.
- If you select Yes, registration forms will be sent to guests and geo-blocking will apply.
- If you select No, registration forms will not be sent to guests, and guests will be able to join the event directly. Registration geo-blocking will not apply.
Do you want Zoom Events to send all email communications?: Select Yes if you want Zoom Events to send out invitations, reminders, and transactional emails. Select No if you want to send all email communications.
How many guests would you like to pre-register?: Select if you want to Add Single Guest or Import Multiple Guests from CSV.
- To pre-register Single Guests:
- Complete all Guest Information fields.
- Click Register.
The guest and their information will appear on the Manage Registrants page.
- To pre-register Multiple Guests:
- Download the sample CSV file.
- Enter and edit the information for your pre-registered guests.
- Save the CSV file.
- Drag and drop the CSV file or click Choose Files to upload your file.
- (Optional) Click Re-upload to select another CSV file to upload.
- Click Register.
The guests and their information will appear on the Manage Registrants page.
Pre-registered guests will have the Pre-register Invited registration status.