Salesforce migration to OAuth
With OAuth support for the Salesforce for Zoom app and the deprecation of JWT authentication in September 2023, Salesforce admins can follow this article to update the Zoom app and then migrate from JWT to OAuth authentication.
This article contains:
Prerequisites for migrating Salesforce for Zoom app to OAuth
- A Zoom account with Marketplace admin permissions
- A Salesforce Enterprise or Unlimited account with admin permissions
- A Salesforce Trailblazer account
- Salesforce for Zoom app: version 3.27 or higher
How to update the Salesforce app to the latest version
- Sign in to your Salesforce account with admin permissions.
- In the top-right corner, click the gear icon .
- In the drop-down menu, click Setup.
- In the Quick find search bar, search for and select Installed packages.
The list of all Salesforce apps you have installed is displayed.
- Find the Zoom package and check the Version Number column.
- If your app is version 3.27 or higher, you already have the correct version needed for OAuth and can skip the rest of this section and proceed to the configuration steps.
- Click the name of the package (Zoom).
This will open the page with additional details for the Zoom app.
- In the Description section, click the AppExchange link.
This will open the AppExchange listing for the Zoom app.
- Click Get it Now to install the latest version.
You will be directed to sign-in with your Trailblazer account.
- Follow the steps provided to sign-in to your account.
- Click Install in Production.
- Check the box to agree to Terms and Conditions and then click Confirm and Install.
- Select Install for All Users and click Upgrade.
Note: Selecting Install for Admins Only is also available, but this may limit access to the Zoom app by standard users.
The app will be updated for your account. You will receive an email when the app update is complete.
Note: If you encounter the error Oauth Fail! Can't find verify code in cache, Oauth verify code check fail, please re-authorize or This app can’t be upgraded: Platform Cache Partitions Missing feature, please contact Salesforce support.
How to configure Salesforce for Zoom app with OAuth
- Sign in to your Zoom account with Marketplace admin permissions.
- In another browser tab or window, sign in to your Salesforce account with admin permissions (if not already signed-in).
Note: Both admin accounts should be associated with the same email.
- In the top-left corner, click the 9-dots icon and search for and select Zoom config.
- Under the Zoom OAuth section, click Authorize from Zoom App Marketplace.
A window will open.
- Select the Zoom products that you are integrating with Salesforce.
Notes: If you do not have Zoom Phone or Zoom Webinar on your account, do not select those products.
- Click Confirm.
The Zoom Marketplace authorization screen will appear to connect Salesforce with your Zoom account.
- Follow the on-screen steps to authorize the connection.
Note: If your email address does not match, there will be an “Oops” message regarding the app not being found.
- (Optional) You can remove the currently stored API Key and Secret, which will disable the JWT authorization.
Note: If the OAuth authentication is canceled, then the Salesforce app will fallback to JWT, as long as the API Key and Secret are still provided. This will continue to serve as a backup authentication until September 2023, at which point JWT will no longer be supported for all Zoom Apps and integrations.