Adding participants to a voice engagement
Conference calling allow agents to add up to 10 participants to an active voice engagement. These participants can be a Zoom Contact Center user, Zoom Phone user, address book contact, queue, or external phone number
Prerequisites for adding participants to a voice engagement
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.13.0 or higher
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
Contacts search must be enabled by your admin to allow you to search and invite Zoom Phone users and address book contacts.
How to add participants to a voice engagement
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Contact Center tab.
- Answer a voice engagement.
- Click Add Call in the voice call controls.
- Under Add Call, follow one of these options:
Number pad: Dial a number using the on-screen keypad or your keyboard number pad, then click the phone icon .
Copy and paste: Copy and paste a number in the text field, then click the phone icon .
Search contacts: Type a name or number above the dial pad to search Zoom Contact Center users, Zoom Phone users, address book contacts, and queues. Click a search result to transfer the call. If the contact has several phone numbers, click the right arrow icon to view and select the number to call.
- You can only invite an agent or supervisor who has their status set to Ready.
- Search results for Zoom Phone users will display users' Zoom profile picture, presence status, display name, and extension number.
- Search results for Zoom Contact Center agents will display agents’ Zoom profile name, Zoom Contact Center profile picture as set by the admin, and availability status. Admins can set a Zoom Contact Center profile picture and display name that's separate from their Zoom profile picture.
- You will be prompted to select a conference method:
Direct Conference: Immediately invites the person to the voice call.
Warm Conference: Places your current call on hold while you initiate a call with the person before you complete (merge) the invite. Click the merge icon to complete the invite.
If you're adding a Zoom Contact Center user and they accept the inbound notification, the engagement will appear in the left-side panel under the CONFERENCE section.