Changing Call Live Transcription setting
Admin can enable or disable the Call Live Transcription policy setting to help their hearing impaired and non-native language users view close captions of their call participants. During a call, users can toggle on or off captioning except for the following:
- The Call is encrypted.
- The call uses location-based routing.
- Call live transcription is only available for English at this time.
- If you are a user, follow these instructions.
Prerequisites for enabling or disabling call live transcription
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone licenses in the account
How to enable or disable call live transcription
- Access policy settings at the account, site, group, or phone user level.
- To the right of Call Live Transcription, click the toggle to enable it if it is disabled.
- In the dialog windows, acknowledge and accept the terms of call live transcription, then click Enable.
- (Optional) Unselect Play a prompt to call participants when the transcription has started to let call participants know the call is being transcribed.
Note: Selected by default.
- Use the default audio prompt, or click Edit, then select the following:
Choose from Asset Library: Select an audio prompt from your asset library.
Add Audio: Add an audio prompt as desired.
- Click Save.
- If Play a prompt to call participants when the transcription has started is unselected, a Check Off dialog window will appear for you to acknowledge and accept the terms, then click Confirm.
- (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.