Using keyboard and mouse shortcuts with Whiteboard
Use the following keyboard shortcuts and mouse controls to activate actions and navigate through the whiteboard.
For other keyboard shortcuts available on the Zoom desktop client and mobile app, refer to the hot keys and keyboard shortcuts article.
- Use the Tab key to navigate on the following areas of the whiteboard:
- Whiteboard key
- Owner name/date
- Current collaborators
- Share button
- More menu
- Alert badge (Who can see what you share)
- Zoom in/out menu
- Page menu
- Use the scroll wheel to scroll up and down.
- Press Shift + scroll to scroll side to side.
- Use the Left, Right, Up and Down arrow keys to navigate through the toolbar, previous or next menus, and submenus.
- Use the ESC key to leave the zoom in/zoom out navigation and dismiss the alert badge.
- Press V to activate the Select Tool.
- Press P to activate the Draw Tool.
- Press S to insert Shapes.
- Press L to insert a Line.
- Press T to enter a Text.
- Press Shift + N to insert Sticky Notes.
- Press E to activate Eraser.
- Use the Enter or Spacebar key to:
- Activate Share, Comment, More menu, toolbar, alert badge, and Zoom primary actions.
- Zoom in or out
- Press Ctrl/Cmd + D to duplicate objects.
- Press Ctrl/Cmd + Shift+ 0 to zoom to fit.
- Click the looking glass icons to Zoom In or Zoom Out. Click 100% to reset to the default zoom.
- Press Ctrl/Cmd + (+) or (-) to zoom in or out.
To see the list of all available keyboard shortcuts, type the ? key. Click the Escape key to exit the shortcuts list.