Scheduling a meeting from a Team Chat channel
Zoom users can easily schedule a meeting and invite others to join, but sometimes the exact list of invitees corresponds to an existing Team Chat group chat or channel. In such cases, users can schedule a meeting with those channel members directly from Team Chat, making the process more efficient and promoting teamwork and collaboration.
Prerequisites for scheduling a meeting from Team Chat
Limitations of scheduling a meeting from Team Chat
- Currently, only Google Calendar and Office 365 (OAuth 2.0) calendar integrations are supported for this feature.
- Scheduling a meeting within Team Chat cannot be used with Advanced Chat Encryption enabled for any members of the channel.
How to schedule a meeting from Team Chat
- Sign in to the desktop client.
- Click the Team Chat tab .
- Find and select a group chat or chat channel.
- In the top-left corner of the chat window, click the schedule icon .
A window will appear to schedule a meeting with all members of the group chat or channel added as invitees.
- Continue scheduling the meeting and adjusting settings as needed.
Note: New channel members will be able to join unexpired channel meetings. External members will not receive a meeting invitation, but you can invite them directly from your calendar.
- Click Save.
All members of the group chat or channel will be invited to the meeting and the meeting details will be posted to the group chat or channel.