Enabling or disabling hot desking for devices
Account owners and admins can manage hot desking features for devices managed in the account. Account owners and admins can enable or disable hot desking features to a selected device and allow users to sign in by QR code. They can also automatically sign users out of hot desking devices after a set time duration.
Prerequisites for enabling or disabling hot desking for devices
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Room or Zoom Phone license
- Zoom Phone devices added and provisioned
Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
How to enable or disable hot desking in Device Management account settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Device Management, then Device List.
- Click the Devices tab.
- In the top-right corner, click Account Setting.
- Search for a Zoom IP Phone or Zoom Phone Appliance (ZPA) device, then click the device that you want to manage.
- To the right of the device you want to manage, click Edit.
- Click the General tab.
- Under General, click the Hot Desking toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- (Optional) Select the Allow users to sign in via a QR code checkbox, then click Save.