Enabling or disabling agent work sessions
Zoom Contact Center admins can enable agent work sessions to automatically put inactive agents in the Offline status and improve reporting/logs. Agents will be asked to start a work session when they open the Zoom Contact Center desktop client, and they can end the session when their shift is finished. Inactive agents will be prompted to choose to continue the session or they will be automatically changed to Offline status.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for enabling or disabling agent work sessions
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
How to enable or disable agent work sessions
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Contact Center Management then Preferences.
- In the left-side panel, click Agent Status and Experience.
- Under Agent Work Sessions, click the toggle to enable or disable the feature.
- (Optional) Select Auto-end agent work sessions in Contact Center to time out an agent’s session when they stop interacting with the Contact Center tab in the Zoom desktop client for the specified amount of time (Timeout setting). Agents will see a notification stating that they're inactive and will have 3 minutes to choose to continue the session; otherwise, they will be switched to an Offline status. Admins and supervisors can also end an agent's work session.
Agent work session process
The following points explain the agent work session process from the agent's point of view.
- When agents open the Zoom desktop client and click the Contact Center tab, agents are asked to start a work session.
- Agents can click Start to start their work session.
- If agents stop interacting with the Contact Center tab in Zoom desktop client for the specified timeout duration, they will see a notification stating that they're inactive and will have 3 minutes to choose to continue the session.
- Agents can click Continue to continue their work session.
- If agents don't click Continue within 3 minutes of the notification, they will be switched to an Offline status.
- When their shift is finished by clicking End Work Session in the status drop-down menu. Admins and supervisors can also end an agent's work session.
- Agents can start another session by clicking the Contact Center tab then Start.