Masking personal information in Zoom Contact Center
Zoom Contact Center admins can choose which roles can view consumers' personal information in engagements and reports. Personal data will be masked only when participating in live text-based engagements and when viewing closed engagements, analytics, and voicemail inbox. This functionality does not extend to Zoom APIs or integrations with third-party applications. When consumer information is masked, agent can't perform searches on this information.
Prerequisites for masking consumers' personal information
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
How to mask consumers' personal information
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Contact Center Management then Preferences.
- In the left-side panel, click Privacy and Data Retention.
- In the View Personal Data section, follow one of these options to specify the role to apply the masking rules to:
- To use a default role, make sure the toggle next to Agent, Supervisor, or Admin is enabled.
- To use a custom role, click Add Role to Setting, select the custom role, then click Add. Make sure the toggle is enabled.
- Select these check boxes as needed to mask consumers' personal information. This information can be obtained from the address or other method; for example, the consumer entered their display name in the chat welcome screen.
- Display name
- Phone number
- Location or address
- Social security number
- Credit or debit card number
- Date of birth
- Under each information type, click the down arrow , then select these check boxes as needed to determine where information is masked:
Mask when active engagements: Mask consumer information type when agents are viewing active engagements. This includes consumer information in the following places:
Mask when closed engagements: Mask consumer information type when agents are viewing completed engagements. This includes consumer information in the following places:
Allow user to hide and unhide: Allow the user to click the eye icon to temporarily show consumers' information for the specified amount of time.