After using Zoom Contact Center receiving a video call, you can access video controls like turning your video on or off.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using video call controls
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.13.5 or higher
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
How to access Zoom Contact Center video call controls
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Receive a Zoom Contact Center video call.
When the call connects, you will have access to video call controls.
Unmute / Mute
Mute or unmute your microphone. Agents and consumers in video engagements will see a notification if they are muted or if their speaker is set to a low volume.
Start Video / Stop Video
Start or stop your own video.
Other video options
Next to Start Video / Stop Video, click the up arrow icon then click one of these options:
- Mirror My Video: Mirror your video (so that your video is like looking at yourself in a mirror).
Notes: Consumers can also access these options.
Opens the window to manage participants and invite a third party to join the video engagement.
- Unmute: Ask the participant (consumer or agent) to unmute. They will see a prompt where they can click Unmute or Stay Muted.
- Click the ellipses icon for these options:
- Mute: Immediately mute the participant.
- Assign Engagement (only available if the participant is an invited agent): Assign the engagement to the selected agent.
- Remove: Dismiss a participant from the meeting. They won't be able to rejoin the engagement.
- Invite: Invite another participant to join the video engagement.
Start sharing your screen. You will be able to select the desktop or application you want to share. When you are screen sharing, the controls will appear at the top of your screen, but you can drag it to another location.
You will see a notification panel and screen share preview when you start sharing their screen during a video engagement. The consumer will also see a notification indicating they are viewing a shared screen.
Note: If you're using the Safari browser, you will be required to share your entire screen. You can't select a specific window to share.
If your Zoom Contact Center admin enabled closed captioning or live transcription, click here to access the closed caption options.
- Next to the Show Captions option, click the up arrow icon .
- Click one of these options:
- Speaking language: Select a language for automated captions and live transcription.
When selected, Zoom will begin transcribing your speech in the chosen language.
- View Full Transcript: Display a side panel show the full transcript.
- Subtitle Settings: Open the Zoom desktop client accessibility settings. Closed captioning settings will apply to Zoom Contact Center engagements.
Note: This option is not available to consumers.
- When using automated captions, English is the default language, but other languages can be selected. This tells the system which language it will hear you speak and generates captions in that language. If speaking in language A, but Zoom is expecting language B, the generated captions will be inaccurate.
- The availability of languages is determined by the host's automated captioning settings.
- The speaking language choice can be set by the agent and consumer individually.
Access the chat window to chat with the consumer. You can use these controls in the chat panel:
- Emoji icon : Send emojis. Click the emoji icon, search for a specific emoji or scroll through the list, then click an emoji to send it.
- File icon : Send a file. If file sharing is enabled by your contact center admin, click the file icon, then select a file from your local machine to send.
Transfer the engagement to an agent, supervisor, or queue.
Start recording the video call. You may hear an audio prompt notifying both parties that the call will be recorded (the audio prompt can be enabled or disable by the admin). Contact center users with access can view, download, or delete call recordings using the Zoom desktop client or web portal.
Note: If your admin enabled automatic voice call recording, the Record button will be inaccessible.
Pause / Resume / Stop Recording
Pause, resume, or stop the ad hoc or automatic video call recording.
- These options are only available if your admin enabled the ability for you to stop/resume automatic voice call recordings.
- If you resume the recording, you will record to the same recording file. Zoom will not create a separate recording file. As a result, you will see a single recording file/entry when you or an admin views recordings. View recordings in the web portal to see the timestamps of when the recording was stopped and resumed.
Note: This control is only available when the queue's distribution method is set to Do Not Distribute.
Release the active voice engagement back to the queue that routed it. After releasing, the engagement will be available in the active engagements tab. where an agent or supervisor can manually assigned it.
Click End then End Video Call for All to end the engagement for all participants, including yourself, consumer, and any third party you invited. The consumer will see a generic message that the video call has ended, and can click Chat to view the previous video engagement chat messages.
If you're the assigned agent for the video engagement and you invited another agent, you must select an agent to assign the engagement to, then click Assign and Leave to leave the video engagement.
If you were invited to a video engagement and you're not the assigned agent, you can click Leave then Leave Video Call to leave the video engagement
The right-side panel contains the Profile and Engagement tabs.