Changing file sharing settings for messaging engagements
Contact center admins can change file sharing controls to specify the file types and file size limits that agents or consumers can send. You can also enable or disable file sharing for web chat, in-app chat, or video chat.
Prerequisites for changing file sharing settings for messaging engagements
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
How to change file sharing settings for messaging engagements
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Contact Center Management then Preferences.
- Click Messaging Engagements.
- Under File Sharing, click the toggle to enable or disable file sharing across all channels.
- If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- If enabling file sharing, click the check boxes to specify if agents or consumer can send files in each channel (web chat, video chat, and in-app chat).
- (Optional) Under Restrictions, select the check box next to Only allow specified file types and do the following:
- Enter or select the file extensions for each file type you want to allow.
- If you allow users to transfer files with external contacts, click the Restrict for External Contacts link to also specify which file types are allowed between internal and external contacts.
- (Optional) Under Restrictions, select the check box next to Maximum file size, and do the following:
- Begin entering and then select the number for the maximum file size you want to allow, up to 50MB. You can enter any number between 0 to 50, but must select the number when it appears in the pop-up.