The Zoom Contact Center Salesforce Integration allows agents to access Zoom Contact Center functionality from the Salesforce. This provides agents with a better user experience, including:
- Improves agent efficiency with a unified experience.
- Enables a simple and intuitive agent experience.
- Reduces effort and handle time.
- Saves the agent after call work with automatically synchronizing customer data and history for each interaction.
- Provides customers with a personalized experience regardless of the channel they use.
Follow this article to learn how to use the Salesforce integration to set your status, accept calls, view engagement details, and make outbound calls.
Note: This integration supports the Zoom Contact Center web chat, video, and voice channels. Agents assigned to unsupported Zoom Contact Center channels should use the Zoom desktop client.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using Zoom Contact Center Salesforce Integration
Note: You can be in the Ready or Not Ready status to make an outbound video call.
How to access the Zoom Contact Center Salesforce Integration
Note: If this is missing or options are not shown, contact your Salesforce admin.
- Sign in to the Salesforce.
- In the Zoom Contact Center CTI softphone panel, click Login.
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
How to set your status
Agents can select their real-time status for Zoom Contact Center.
Note: Your Zoom Contact Center status may be linked to your Salesforce omni-channel presence status. Status options are configured by your Zoom Contact Center admin.
- In Zoom Contact Center, expand the status drop down.
- In the status drop-down menu located in the top-left corner, select Ready so that you can receive and accept incoming voice calls.
Learn more about Zoom Contact Center statuses.
How to accept an inbound engagement
When your status is set to Ready, you can accept inbound engagements.
When receiving an inbound notification, click Accept to answer the engagement.
- If you configured the app with Sales and the contact is new, you will see a pop-up window prompting you to add the new contact. You must close this pop-up window to accept or decline the call. We recommend disabling pop-ups for a better experience.
- Alternatively, you can configure the screen pop behavior, so the new contact window appears in the background.
Learn more about Zoom Contact Center inbound notifications.
How to use engagement controls
The Zoom Contact Center Salesforce Integration has the same controls as the Zoom desktop client. Learn more about controls for voice, video, or web chat.
How to view engagement details
After the voice call has ended, you will see information about the closed engagement. Learn more about the engagement information displayed during wrap up.
During a call, you can access the engagement details by clicking the ellipses icon In the top-right corner then Engagement.
There are two additional fields that are specific to the Zoom Contact Center Salesforce Integration:
Contact/Lead: Select Contact or Lead in the first drop-down menu, then specify the contact or lead in the second drop-down menu to associate a Salesforce contact with the voice engagement.
Relate to: Select an option to relate the call to. These options are determined by your Salesforce admin.
You can also add notes or disposition to the engagement.
How to make an outbound voice call
The integration enables agents to click-to-dial from within the CRM application to dial out to the customer with a customizable outbound caller ID. The outbound dialed call is automatically logged against the record whose number has been dialed out.
Note: Your Salesforce admin can restrict outbound calling from the integration. Contact your Salesforce admin if you experience issues.
- Change your status to Not Ready.
- Next to the status drop-down menu, click the dial pad icon.
- (Optional) Below the dial pad, select your caller ID and queue:
- In the main Salesforce window, click the Contacts tab.
- In the Search field, enter the name or phone number of the contact you want to dial
- Select the contact, then click the contact’s phone number to dial it.
- When the end-user accepts the call, the agent status displays the applicable queue status and continues the call experience.
- The Outbound answered call is listed in the Recently Closed status.
How to make an outbound video call
- Click the plus icon then New Video Call.
- If you belong to more than one video queue, click the Caller ID drop-down menu and select the queue to associate the outbound call with. Admins and supervisors will see the associate queue when viewing engagement history for the voice call.
- Specify a consumer using one of these methods:
- Enter an email: Manually enter an email address
- Click Send and Start. During the video call, use video call controls.
- The consumer will receive the join link through email. They can click the link to join using a web browser. They will also be prompted to enter a display name before joining the video call.
- The join link will be active for 5 minutes.
- Your status will automatically change to Occupied.
How to view engagement history
Engagement history is automatically synchronized with the customer data and history for each interaction. Agents can access the call history from the Salesforce integration application.
- In the Zoom Contact Center CTI URL, select Contact Center.
- In the Zoom Contact Center panel, click History.
- Click the drop-down menu to select the time period to display historical data for.
- Click the filter icon to filter history.
How to allow audio to play in the Salesforce Integration
- This section applies to the agents using Google Chrome. Due to Chrome's autoplay policy, agents must interact with the Salesforce Integration before audio playback starts.
- As a result, if the agent doesn't interact with the Salesforce Integration after signing in to Salesforce or after a browser refresh, there won't be ringing for incoming engagements notifications. This might result in agents missing the engagements. To resolve this, follow these steps.
- In the top-right corner of the Chrome browser, click the vertical ellipses icon .
- Click Privacy and security.
- Click Site Settings.
- Scroll down to the Content section and click Additional Content Settings.
- Click Sound.
- Next to Allowed to play sound, click Add.
- Copy and paste the CRM URL from the browser, then add :443 to the end of the URL.
- Click Add.
- Next to Allowed to play sound, click Add.
- Enter https://zoom.us:443 and click Add.
You will see your CRM and Zoom URLs in the Allowed to play section.