Setting up workspace administration
Account owners and admins can enter the email addresses of the administration who can manage Workspace Reservation configurations for the account. The Workspace Reservation admin management option allows the account owner to give Workspace Reservation management to all or specific admins. The admin with Workspaces management capability can use their Zoom sign-in information to select the specific workspaces during installation or sign in to the Zoom Room computer if it gets logged out.
If you want an admin to only manage specific workspaces, you can assign the admin at the city, campus, location, or floor level. You can also manage their administrative privileges and custom scope for their role.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for setting up workspace administration
Workspace Reservation admin management options
Choose the management option that best fits your situation:
- Assign users to a role that includes the View and Edit settings for Workspaces Management. This role setting permits a user to view and/or edit all Workspaces settings across the entire Workspace Reservation location hierarchy. These permissions include the creation, modification, and deletion of locations (from the location hierarchy) and workspaces. Learn more about using role management for Workspace Reservation.
Note: Assigning this role setting does not allow you to limit access to certain locations or workspaces.
- Assign users to the Workspaces Admin configuration setting directly in Workspaces Management Account Settings, or to a specific location in the Workspaces Management location hierarchy. Assigning a user in this manner permits them to edit all workspace settings for the assigned level of the location hierarchy. These permissions include the creation, modification, and deletion of locations and workspaces in the assigned location(s). The user cannot add or delete locations unless they are also assigned as a Location Admin in the centralized location management. Learn more about assigning location admin privileges in centralized location management.
Note: Assigning users as Workspaces Admins at the account or location level permits them edit access. It is not possible to permit view-only access.
How to set up workspace administration
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Workspaces Management then Workspaces.
Use location hierarchy to access the hierarchy level you want to enable this setting for (floor, building, or account level).
- Click Settings for that location or workspace (Floor Settings, Building Settings, Account Settings) to enable it for the location or workspace.
- Under Setup, locate Workspaces Admin.
- Under Workspaces Admin, click the pencil icon and enter the email addresses of administrators who can manage workspace configurations, separated by a comma.
Note: This user must already be an admin or member of your Zoom account.
- (Optional) To the right of the email address you want to remove, click the icon.
- Click Save.