Enabling or disabling workspace under construction
Workspaces, with Under construction enabled, are hidden on the dashboard by default and all issue notifications are disabled. You can change your dashboard filters to show workspace under construction.
When a workspace needs maintenance or updates, the Under construction setting is helpful to reflect that the workspace will not be available for use.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for enabling or disabling workspace under construction
How to enable and disable workspace under construction
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings, or as a role with the ability to place workspaces under construction.
- In the navigation menu, click Workspaces Management then Workspaces.
Use location hierarchy to access the hierarchy level you want to enable this setting for (building, floor, or workspace).
- Click Settings for that location or workspace (Building Settings, Floor Settings, Desk/Room Settings) to enable it for the location or workspace.
- Under Setup, click the Under construction toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- (Optional) When construction is finished, consider configuring check-in and check-out protocols for the workspace.
How to add a workspace under construction role
You can create a role for users who need to toggle the under construction setting, but don't require any other edit rights for workspaces.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click User Management, then Role Management.
- Click Add Role.
- Enter a Role Name, such as Workspace Under Construction role.
- Check View for Zoom Rooms, then check Edit next to the Under Construction row.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom.
You now have the new role, but you will need to assign it to the appropriate users.
In the navigation panel, click User Management, then Users.
- Locate the user you want to assign the role to, then click Edit to the right of the user listing.
- From the User Role dropdown, select the Role Name that you created.
- Click Save.