Using an activation code for Workspace Reservation
An activation code is generated after setting up workspaces on the web portal and will be emailed to the user who created the workspace. The activation code is also viewable on the web portal.
You can regenerate an activation code to display a new code. Using the activation code is ideal when you do not want to provide the person setting up workspaces with the login credentials for your account.
Prerequisites for using an activation code
How to use an activation code
Create a workspace in the web portal.
If a workspace has already been created:
- In the navigation menu, click Workspaces Management, then Workspaces.
Use location hierarchy to access the hierarchy level you want to enable this setting for (building, floor, or workspace).
- Click Settings for that location or workspace (Building Settings, Floor Settings, Desk/Room Settings) to enable it for the location or workspace.
- Under Device Management, view and retrieve the Activation Code for the workspace.
Note: An email will be sent to the account owner, with the activation code as well.
- (Optional) Click Regenerate to retrieve a new activation code.
- Open the Workspaces app on the workspaces device.
- Enter the activation code, found on your web portal or emailed to you.
The device and application will be signed in.
Note: If the Workspace Reservation devices are disassociated from a specific workspace, you can use the same activation code to link the devices to the workspaces again, provided that the activation code is still displayed on the web portal.