Managing admin roles in Workspace Reservation
Account owners and admins can use role management to define a custom scope for workspace access and permissions at the location or workspace level. Additionally, account owners and admins can use Workspaces location hierarchy and allow admin permission to be given at any location level, including the room and workspace levels.
You can also set up workspace administration for specific workspaces.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for managing Workspace Reservation admin roles
Workspace Reservation admin management options
Choose the management option that best fits your situation:
- Assign users to a role that includes the View and Edit settings for Workspaces Management. This role setting permits a user to view and/or edit all Workspaces settings across the entire Workspace Reservation location hierarchy. These permissions include the creation, modification, and deletion of locations (from the location hierarchy) and workspaces.
Note: Assigning this role setting does not allow you to limit access to certain locations or workspaces.
- Assign users to the Workspaces Admin configuration setting directly in Workspaces Management Account Settings, or to a specific location in the Workspaces Management location hierarchy. Assigning a user in this manner permits them to edit all workspace settings for the assigned level of the location hierarchy. These permissions include the creation, modification, and deletion of locations and workspaces in the assigned location(s). The user cannot add or delete locations unless they are also assigned as a Location Admin in the centralized location management. Learn more about setting up workspace administration directly in Workspaces Management and assigning location admin privileges in centralized location management.
Note: Assigning users as Workspaces Admins at the account or location level permits them edit access. It is not possible to permit view-only access.
How to define admin role permissions for Workspace Reservation
- To access Workspaces Management settings, you must have admin permissions to view and edit Workspace Management settings.
- To update calendar resources, you must have admin permissions to view and edit calendar integrations.
- At the onset of Workspace Reservation, current Zoom Rooms admins will have admin permissions for Workspace Management.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
Add an admin role with initial permissions or edit permissions for an existing admin role.
- Click the Role Settings tab.
- Under Workspaces Management, select the View and Edit checkboxes to enable the following permissions for users in the admin role:
Workspaces Management: View or edit document-level settings for Workspace Reservation.
Calendar Integration: View or edit calendar integration for the account.
- Under the Scope column, select and customize administrative privileges:
Entire Account: The admin role has access and administrative privileges for the entire account.
Custom Scope: The admin role has access and administrative privileges to the custom scope that you select. Customize administrative privileges by location by selecting 1 or more locations that will be included in this scope, then click Save.
Note: Enabling Workspaces or Zoom Rooms edit access will enable Location Management edit access by default.
- (Optional) When you return to the Role Settings tab, under the Scope column, click View and Edit to view and edit the locations for the custom scope.
- Click Save Changes.