Using Zoom Phone conference call
Zoom Phone conference call allows three or more participants to join the same phone call simultaneously. Participants can be added to a conference via an extension, a phone number, a search in the contact list, or by merging a call that is on hold. By default the main company caller ID is used when generating a conference call, however the initiator can decide the caller ID to be used.
- Zoom Phone Basic users can conference up to 3 participants
- Zoom Phone Pro users can conference up to 10 participants
- A delegate who is located in a different SIP Zone than the delegator (for instance delegate is in the UK and the delegator is in the USA), cannot share hosting privileges with the delegator.
- A conference call cannot be end-2-end encrypted if any of the participants did not join from the Zoom client
Conference barge is only available to shared line groups
Prerequisites for using Zoom Phone conference call
- Zoom Phone license
- Zoom desktop client or mobile app, version 5.10.3 or higher
- Admin to contact Zoom Support to enable Multi Party Conferencing feature
Note: The feature will work automatically and is not configurable in the web portal
How to make a conference call
Make a phone call.
- While on a call, click the Add Call on the keypad.
- Enter the name or number of the person you wish to add to your phone conference, then click the blue phone icon.
- On the right of the number you just called, click the merge icon, then select the on-hold phone number to add to the call.
A notification will appear stating the number joined the call
- (Optional) If the number you are calling is in your History tab, you can click the number directly to merge into your current call.
- (Optional) To drop a phone number from the call, to the right of Conference Call on your keypad, click the down arrow , then click the red phone icon of the desired phone number.
Note: Only the initiator or the delegate of the call can drop a participant from the call.
- (Optional) You can review the list of more call controls for your conference call.
- You cannot park the call.
- You cannot transfer the call to another phone number.