Viewing active engagements
Active engagements are current Zoom Contact Center engagements where an agent is currently interacting with a consumer; or engagements available to be manually assigned. You can view information on active engagements like the queue the engagement was routed to and how much time the agent has spent so far handling the engagement.
Admins and supervisors can also monitor the active voice call when viewing active engagements, and view live information on active engagements using the Zoom web portal.
Prerequisites for viewing active engagements
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.11.10 or higher
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
- Account owner, admin, supervisor, or agent role; or relevant privilege
Note: Supervisors and agents can only view data for the queues they're a member of.
- Account owner, admin, or supervisor privileges; or relevant role/privilege for monitoring engagements
How to view information on active engagements
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Contact Center tab.
- In the left-side navigation menu, click Engagements.
- Click the Active tab, then click the Voice, Video, SMS, or Chat tab.
You will see information on active engagements.
- Use the following options to filter data:
- Search field: Enter an engagement ID or consumer name to search through active engagements.
- In the top-right corner, click the drop-down menu to filter by direction, status, or queue.
Note: The direction filter is only available in the Voice and SMS tabs.
Information in the active engagements tab
Direction: Displays if the engagement was inbound or outbound. Inbound means an agent receives an engagement through a queue. Outbound means an agent made an outbound engagement.
Source: The channel type of the engagement.
Start Time: Displays the start time of the engagement.
Flow: The display name of the associated flow that handled the engagement. If more than one flow handled the engagement, you'll see the display name of the current flow and the number of other flows that handled the engagement. Click the number to view the display names of these flows.
Duration: The current duration the engagement in hours, minutes, and seconds.
- For voice and SMS engagements, caller ID number and/or display name of the consumer, depending on if the number exists in the address book.
Caller display name: The caller’s display name from the address book. This means that the caller ID number exists in the address book and was previously added by an agent or admin using the Zoom desktop client or web portal.
Caller ID number: The consumer's caller ID number. This means that the caller ID number doesn’t exist in the address book and hasn’t been added by an agent or admin.
- For web chat engagements, displays the name entered by the consumer after clicking the chat engagement invitation.
- For video engagements, displays Customer by default.
- For video engagements started from Zoom Rooms kiosk integrated with Zoom Contact Center, displays the display name of the Zoom Rooms kiosk.
Agent: The Zoom profile display name of the agent that is assigned to the engagement.
Queue: The associated queue that routed the engagement.
Status: The current status of the engagement. You will see one of these statuses.
Assigned: The consumer has been auto routed or manually assigned to an agent.
In Queue: The consumer is waiting in the queue.
Callback: The consumer in the engagement has requested a callback and is waiting for a callback.
Note: This status is only available for voice engagements. You can't monitor or assign engagements in this status.
- Click the ellipses icon for these options: