Adding Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
There are two ways to add Zoom Rooms; from the web portal or on the Zoom Room Controller.
You can quickly add a new Zoom Room from the Zoom Room controller. Setting the room up from the controller allows you to set the room name, a calendar integration, location, and the room passcode. If you need to configure additional options, use the web portal.
Zoom Rooms support a maximum of ten controllers simultaneously. Zoom Room scheduling displays, web-based controllers, Zoom app desktop controllers, iOS/Android mobile device controllers, and paired Zoom desktop and mobile clients do not count against this limit, as they have their own, separate limits.
Prerequisites for adding Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
Note: Zoom Rooms for Touch on the iPad does not support the use of a paired Zoom Rooms Controller; instead, use the Zoom Rooms for Touch controls on the iPad itself.
How to add Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
- Download and install Zoom Rooms Conference Room application on the computer and Zoom Rooms app on the controller device.
- Open the Zoom Rooms app on the computer.
- Open the Zoom Rooms app on the controller.
- The computer will display a pairing code. Enter this code on the controller.
On the controller, tap Sign In.
- Sign in as an account owner, admin, or user with Zoom Rooms privileges.
Note: tap Sign In with Google to use your Google account, or Sign In with Email to use an email address, or Enter Activation Code to sign in with an activation code.
Tap Create a New Room.
- Enter the room name.
Tap the type of calendar you would like to add or tap Set Up Without Calendar.
- If you have previously setup locations on the Zoom Rooms admin portal, you can select a location. Otherwise, this step is automatically skipped.
Enter the passcode you would like to set for the room. Learn more about the passcode and when it is used.
- Your room is now set up and ready for use.
- If you add a Zoom Room with an Android or Windows controller, the room type will default to Zoom Rooms (for shared spaces).
- The iOS controller has two modes: Zoom Rooms controller and Zoom Rooms for Touch. If you add a room in Zoom Rooms controller mode, the room type will default to Zoom Rooms (for shared spaces). If you add a room in Zoom Rooms for Touch mode, the room type will default to Personal Zoom Room.
- If you have trouble connecting the controller to the room system, please check your firewall configuration.