Joining a meeting before the host in a Zoom Room
When a user schedules a meeting and invites a Zoom Room on the same account, the Zoom Room can join the meeting without the host needing to start it from the desktop client or mobile app. This will give the Zoom Room full host controls.
Prerequisites for joining as a Zoom Room host
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Administrator or Role with edit access to Zoom Rooms on the web portal
Note: Devices running older versions of Zoom Rooms will automatically take host control if they are on the same account as the host and join the meeting before the host.
How to enable joining as a Zoom Rooms host
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management, then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Account Settings.
Note: This setting can also be enabled using the location hierarchy.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under the Zoom Rooms heading, verify that the toggle for Make Zoom Rooms the host if it joins before meeting host and other participants is enabled .
- If the toggle is disabled , click it and then click Enable.
- (Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.