Broadcasting announcements in chat
Broadcasting announcements to the lobby makes it easy for hosts to address everyone at once. This feature is especially useful if hosts need to maintain or moderate a lobby chat, if there is an important announcement to make, or if the need to remind users about the rules for their chat and community arises.
Prerequisites for broadcasting announcements in chat
- Event organizer privileges
Zoom Events Unlimited license or Zoom Events Pay Per Attendee license
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
- Surface PRO 2 or higher, running Windows 8.1 or higher
- Zoom Events web browser:
- Chromium Edge: 80 or higher
- Google Chrome: 53.0.2785 or higher
- Safari: 10.0.602.1.50 or higher
- Firefox: 76 or higher
- Internet Explorer: 10 or higher
Note: Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer (IE) 11 on August 17, 2021. Based on this date, Zoom has ended support for IE on September 30, 2021. Users can still use Zoom on IE after this date but we will no longer be supporting IE, fixing issues related to IE, or offering any customer support related to IE.
How to broadcast announcements in chat
Create an announcement to broadcast.
- During a live lobby, access the Lobby Chat and Networking tab.
- Under the Host Announcements section, find the announcement you want to broadcast in the chat.
- Under the Status and Enablement column, click Enable.
The announcement will be broadcasted in the lobby.