Using the Smartsheet notifications app
The Zoom chatbot for Smartsheet sends Smartsheet notifications to Zoom Team Chat channels.
This article covers:
- How to install and configure the Zendesk integration
- How to install from the Zoom Marketplace
- How to use the chat commands
- How to remove the Smartsheet chat app
- A Zoom account
Note: Only a Zoom admin can install the app.
- A verified Smartsheet account.
How to install and configure the Zendesk integration
How to install from the Zoom Marketplace
- Login to your Zoom Admin account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Smartsheet Notifications and click the app.
Note: If the app is not pre-approved, contact your Zoom admin to approve this app for your account.
- Click Add, confirm the permissions the app requires, and choose Allow.
- You will see a success page, and the Zoom chat app for Smartsheet will be installed and available for all users in the Zoom account.
After the app is installed, you will see it listed under the APPS section in the left-hand panel of Zoom Chat tab.
How to use the chat commands
Use the following commands with the Smartsheet chatbot:
Enter help to receive a list of commands for the Smartsheet chat app.
Enter setup to connect, disconnect and configure subscriptions.
- After installing the Smartsheet app from the Zoom Marketplace, navigate to the Smartsheet channel in the Zoom chat tab.
Enter the setup command.
- The Smartsheet chat app will respond with a message containing a link to setup your account with Smartsheet.
- Click the link to authenticate to Smartsheet.
- On the web page that loads, click the Connect button and authorize your Smartsheet account.
On successful authorization, you will see a success message on the webpage and the browser will load a configuration tab. Once Smartsheet is authorized, Zoom user can configure the subscriptions sheet-wise to get the notifications in subscribed channels.
- Subscribed channels will receive the notifications when selected sheet are updated, deleted or commented.
To disconnect your Smartsheet account from Zoom:
- Use setup and go to CONNECT SMARTSHEET tab.
- Click on the Disconnect button.
Note: If you create or delete a sheet in your Smartsheet account, then to be able to configure notifications from those sheets, you must re-authorize your Smartsheet account with Zoom. Use the setup command to disconnect and re-connect your Smartsheet account.
Enter meet or click on the Create Meeting button from the help command to create an instant Zoom meeting and get the Zoom meeting join link:
The meeting will appear in the list of scheduled meetings under the Meetings tab of your Zoom client.
How to remove the Smartsheet chat app
- As a Zoom admin, login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Smartsheet and click the app or navigate to your installed apps via Manage, then click Added Apps.
- Click Remove next to Smartsheet.
- Confirm the dialogue and click Remove.
For additional troubleshooting, submit a request to Zoom Support.
- This app has access to the following information on Zoom:
- View channels subscribed to by a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- View existing meeting details for a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- View all information of a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- This chat app has the following permissions on Zoom:
- Send a chat message to an IM channel or Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- Create a Zoom meeting on behalf of any Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- This app has access to the following information on Smartsheet:
- Admin-level read data for Smartsheet.
- Scopes: CREATE_SHEETS, WRITE_SHEETS, READ_SHEETS, ADMIN_WEBHOOKS and READ_USERS
- Smartsheet data accessed: Webhooks, full response from Sheets endpoint
- Smartsheet data displayed: Sheet’s Endpoint (name, permalink)
- Smartsheet data stored in a database: Access Token, Hook List, Refresh Access Token
- Data sent to the chatbot by Smartsheet: Full Webhook, Full response from Sheets endpoint
- This chat app has the following permissions on Smartsheet:
- Sheet: Create/Write/Read
- WebHooks: Admin level management
- Users: Read
- Communications between this chat app and Zoom/Smartsheet are encrypted:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
- This chat app stores access credentials in the local data store:
- Smartsheet and Zoom OAuth credentials (admin-level and user-level) are stored in an encrypted database.