Upgrading to the enhanced Zoom Connector
Upgrading from the legacy API Connector to the enhanced API Connector can be done easily with minimal disruption to your users. The enhanced API Connector can be deployed, while the Legacy API Connector is still in use until your organization is ready to decommission the legacy connector.
However, it is recommended that the legacy Room connector is uninstalled first prior to upgrading if possible. Due to this, Zoom recommends implementing the upgrade process during a low usage time, and completing the uninstallation of the legacy and installation of the enhanced Room Connector in succession.
Note: The enhanced Room Connector feature must be enabled for your account before deploying the new Room Connector.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for upgrading to the enhanced Zoom Connector
- A Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Owner, Admin, or “H.323/SIP room connector” Role-based privileges
- A Zoom account with a Cloud Room Connector license
- Enhanced Room Connector enabled for the account
- A Windows PC, Server, or Virtual Machine (for installing and running the Zoom API Connector software locally
- 2 core processor
- 8 GB of Ram
- 20 GB of storage
Note: The above device requirements, support up to 200 endpoints.
How to uninstall the legacy Zoom Connector
- On your Windows host, navigate to Settings.
- Click Apps, then click Apps & features.
- Next to the Zoom API Connector, click the More button.
- Click Uninstall.
- When prompted with the message "This app and its related info will be uninstalled", click Uninstall.
- Complete the uninstallation wizard.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, open File Explorer.
Click This PC, and navigate to C:\Program Files\Zoom\APIConnector.
Note: While C:\ is the default designation for the Windows OS root drive, your device may designate the root drive with a different disk letter.
- Delete the folder and its contents.
- Restart the Windows host to complete the uninstallation.
- Once the legacy API connector has been uninstalled and decommissioned, in the API Connectors tab, verify the legacy host is no longer shown when clicking on the Connector ID.
How to install the enhanced Room Connector
Note: If installing the enhanced API Connector on the same machine as the legacy connector, the legacy connector should be removed first.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management, then click Cisco/Polycom Rooms.
- Click the API Connectors tab.
- Next to your current API Connector, click Install.
- Run the installer.
- At the Customize this installation window, enter the following information:
Connector ID: Copy the Connector ID from the API Connector tab, and paste it into the Connector ID field in the installer
Private Key: Click the Private Key field on the API Connector page to copy it. Paste it into the Private Key field of the installer
- Complete the installation wizard.
- Once completed, refresh the API Connector page, and click on the name of the API Connector to confirm that the second host is listed.
Note: To collect the API Connector log file, navigate to the folder where you installed the API connector, and it should be in the /logs subfolder.