Creating a manual knowledge base
Creating a knowledge base manually gives you full control over its content, ensuring accuracy and relevance. This allows you to create and maintain a customized knowledge base that meets your specific requirements. You can add information in bulk through CSV file uploads or add articles individually. Once established, you can easily add new items and make edits as needed.
Note: In addition to manual creation, there are alternative methods for building a knowledge base, such as utilizing web sync or establishing connections with CRM APIs.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for creating a knowledge base manually
- Account owner or admin privileges; or relevant role/privilege
- Basic, Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Zoom Virtual Agent license
How to create a manual knowledge base
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click AI Management and then Knowledge Base.
- Click Add Knowledge Base.
A pop-up window will appear.
- In the pop-up window, click Create a manual Knowledge Base instead.
- Enter a display name for your knowledge base.
- Select the language for your knowledge base that you want to add.
- Select or drag a CSV file with knowledge base content to be used by any of your chatbots.
Note: You can download a sample CSV file to show the required formatting or skip the upload to manually add the knowledge content.
- Click Upload.
You will see the list of articles the chatbot will use to respond to customer queries.
- If you select Skip Upload, click Add Content to add the articles manually and choose between the following:
Upload New Articles: Add multiple articles by uploading a CSV file. Refer to step no. 6.
Add New Article: Add a new individual article. Proceed to the next step.
- Provide the following details:
Title: This could be a question that the customer can enter into the chatbot.
Content: This could be the answer to the customer's question entered into the chatbot. You can modify and edit the text by using the formatting options available in the text editor.
Category (optional): Enter a category which best describes the topic of the article.
URL (optional): URL of the article.
Article ID (optional): Enter a specific code or number that helps to identify and locate a particular article within a database or publishing platform
- Click Save.
Limitations of a manual knowledge base
- Manual knowledge bases are limited to 5000 articles.
- Articles are limited to 50,000 characters (including HTML).
- The text file for the article (including HTML) cannot exceed 100KB.
- Only basic HTML (bold, link, div, etc.) is supported. More advanced HTML like script tags are removed upon save.
- Tables are not supported at this time and are removed upon save.