Using the Music app
The Music app for Zoom brings music to your meetings. Whether you are hosting a team meeting, a fitness session, a birthday gathering, or a study hour, the Music app provides an easy way to add music to your meeting for just yourself or everyone to hear. You can also use the Music app outside of a meeting, adding a soundtrack to your solo work.
Music from the Music app may be recorded in a meeting, and the recording may be shared, including on the web, social media, and email.
Prerequisites for using the Music app
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.12.6 or higher
- macOS: version 5.12.6 or higher
- The following domain must be whitelisted: music.zoomapp.cloud
How to install from the Zoom App Marketplace
As this app is developed by Zoom, this may not require admin pre-approval, depending on Marketplace admin settings. Additionally, when app is enabled, it doesn’t require additional authentication.
To manually install the app:
- Sign in to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Music.
- Click Add.
- Review the requested permissions and click Authorize.
- Once installed, the app is displayed under the Apps section of the Zoom desktop client.
How to use the Music app
- Click Apps in a meeting or on the main client.
- Open the Music app.
- A list of available playlists are displayed, sorted by themes and moods.
- Hover your cursor over a playlist and click the play icon or anywhere on the box to start playing that playlist.
Audio and playback controls, as well as song details will appear at the bottom of the app panel.
- Skip to the next song, go back to the previous song, set audio level, and browse through the current song anytime using the music player
- (Optional) If you are in a live meeting, press the share icon to share music with everyone in the meeting.
- This will share all of your computer audio with the meeting, not only the audio from the Music app.
- The participant using the Music app must be the only participant sharing, as multiple simultaneous shares will prevent the music from being heard by all.
How to uninstall from the App Marketplace
- Log in to the App Marketplace web portal.
- Click Manage and then click Added Apps.
- Next to the Music app, click Remove.
The application uses the zoomapp:inmeeting scope to allow users to open it during Zoom meetings, as well as share computer audio with a meeting. Please refer to the Zoom privacy statement for details on how Zoom collects, uses, and shares personal data.
See the full list of Zoom Apps SDK methods accessed by this app below:
shareComputerAudio - Shares all computer audio with the meeting