Bulk importing contacts to an address book
An address book is a collection of consumer information like display names, phone numbers, and locations. During an active engagement, the Zoom desktop client will display information from the address book if that consumer is a contact in the address book. If the consumer is not in the address book, agents can add a new contact and choose which address book the contact belongs to.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for bulk importing contacts to an address book
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
How to bulk add contacts to an address book using a CSV file
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Contact Center Management then Address Books.
- In the left-side panel, select a previously-created unit then address book.
- Click Import Contacts (if there are no existing contacts) or Import.
- Click Download CSV Sample in the web portal to download a sample CSV file and view the required fields.
- Fill out the CSV sample using spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel.
Note: Make sure your CSV file meets the format requirements.
- Click Upload CSV and select your completed CSV file to start the import process
When importing or updating contacts, make sure your CSV file meets these requirements:
- Do not delete the first row with the field names.
- For the Phone Number field, make sure the phone number contains the following (don't use spaces or dashes):
- Country code (preceding plus sign is not needed)
- Area code
- Phone number
Address book fields for CSV import/export
Note: When importing a CSV file to add contact, you can't specify multiple phone numbers or emails. To add multiple phone numbers or emails, use the Profile tab in the Zoom desktop client or use Zoom web portal to add/edit an individual contact.
Display name: The contact’s display name.
- First name (optional)
- Last name (optional)
Phone number: The contact’s phone number. During an engagement, the desktop client will use the caller ID number to determine what contact information to display for the agent.
- Location (optional)
- Account number (optional)
- Company (optional)
- Enter company
- Role (optional)