Optimizing the Zoom Mesh network
While the Zoom Mesh service is designed to be a self-manging system, automatically assigning Mesh parents and children, admins can also set how the service optimizes the Mesh network. This gives organizations the ability to ensure the Mesh network is tailored best for their needs.
Prerequisites for optimizing the Zoom Mesh network
How to optimize the Zoom Mesh network
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- In the navigation menu, click Advanced then Zoom Mesh.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Mesh optimizer choose the method for optimization:
Using default configuration: When enabled, the Zoom Mesh service will use the standard parent-to-child ratio.
Set max bandwidth allocations for each webinar in different locations: Allows admins to set the maximum bandwidth that can be utilized by an attendee. This can also be used in conjunction with the Max Bandwidth Allocation setting, to maximize the manage bandwidth usage at the attendee level and location level.
Smart configuration: Allows admins to set how the mesh prioritizes the amount of Mesh parents and children.
- If the Smart configuration favors Efficiency, then the Mesh network will favor minimizing bandwidth usage by using a minimal amount of parents and assigning more children to each parent.
- If the Smart configuration favors Stability, then the Mesh network will favor maximizing connectivity over bandwidth, utilizing more parents, and assigning fewer children per parent.
- Click Save.