Using the Group Photo App
The Group Photo app for Zoom enables you to take instant, high-quality group photos with your meeting attendees. Say goodbye to taking screenshots in multiple gallery pages.
After you take a photo, you can download it through your system browser or view all photos taken during a meeting in the app.
Prerequisites for using the Group Photo App
- A Zoom account
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.13.0 or higher
- macOS: version 5.13.0 or higher
Limitations for the Group Photo app
How to install from the Zoom App Marketplace
As this app is developed by Zoom, this may not require admin pre-approval, depending on Marketplace admin settings. Additionally, when app is enabled, it doesn’t require additional authentication.
To manually install the app:
- Sign in to the Zoom Marketplace,
- Search for Group Photo.
- Click Add.
- Review the requested permissions and click Authorize.
Once installed, the app is displayed under the Apps section of the Zoom desktop client.
How to use the Group Photo App
- As the meeting owner, click Apps .
- Open the Group Photo app.
- Click Create Group Photo.
Participants will receive a request to take a photo.
- Click Create Group Photo to allow the app to take a snapshot of your current video.
Note: The photo will be taken immediately after allowing the app to take the photo, so be sure you are ready before you click.
- The Group Photo app will prepare the collage as participants take their photos. Open the participant list to see which participants have taken a photo, which ones had their video turned off, and which ones rejected the request to take a photo.
- Click Create Group Photo to finalize your collage.
- Click Download to download the group photo through your web browser.
- (Optionally) Click Retake to restart the process.
You can also browse through the photos taken during the meeting on the home page of the app.
How to uninstall from the App Marketplace
- Log in to the App Marketplace web portal.
- Click Manage and then click Added Apps.
- Next to the Group Photo app, click Remove.
The application uses the zoomapp:inmeeting scope to allow users to open it during Zoom meetings, as well as taking photos of the meeting participants. Please refer to the Zoom privacy statement for details on how Zoom collects, uses, and shares personal data.
See the full list of Zoom Apps SDK methods accessed by this app below:
- takeParticipantPhoto - Takes photos of the meeting participants.
- takeMyPhoto - Takes the photo of the meeting owner themselves.
- onPhoto - Returns the photo responses from meeting participants to the meeting owner.
- getMeetingParticipants - Returns a list of participants to the meeting owner.
- onParticipantChange - Listens to new participants joining the meeting as well as participants leaving the meeting.
- sendAppInvitationToMeetingOwner - Sends an app invitation to the meeting owner.
- expandApp - Expands the app screen.
- onExpandApp - Listens to the user expanding the app screen through the client buttons.
- openUrl - Opens a secure download link to your group photo in your system browser
- getUserContext - Returns the user’s role within a meeting
- onMyUserContextChange - Listens to user’s role changes within a meeting