Zoom error on macOS: You are unable to connect to Zoom
If you are on a macOS device and cannot connect to the Zoom application with error “You are unable to connect to Zoom. Please check your network connection and try again”, follow these steps to uninstall then reinstall the application before attempting to connect again.
This article covers:
How to uninstall Zoom
- From your desktop, click Go then Applications.
- Right-click on zoom.us then click Show package contents.
- Open the Contents folder then Frameworks.
- Double-click on ZoomUninstaller and wait for the uninstallation to complete.
How to reinstall Zoom
- Visit our Download Center.
- Under Zoom Client for Meetings, click Download.
- Double-click the downloaded file. It is typically saved to your Downloads folder.
- Once the installer opens, click Continue.
- Choose the destination for installation:
Install for all users of this computer
Note: This requires administrator credentials to install for all users on the device.
- Install only for me
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) If you want to change the destination for installation, choose Change Install Location.
- Click Install.
- (Optional) If you choose Install for all users of this computer, enter the administrator credentials for the device.
- Click Install Software.
- Once the installation is complete, click Close.