Configuring LTI Pro 1.1 for Canvas Calendar and Conversations
The LTI Pro app enables users to post Zoom meetings scheduled with LTI to Canvas Calendar, and enables Canvas Conversations to deliver notifications when Zoom meetings are created, edited or deleted.
This article covers:
Associate Zoom meetings to Calendar course events
- Sign in to the App Marketplace as an account administrator.
- Navigate to your installed LTI Pro app.
- In the navigation, click Configure, then click LTI Credentials.
- Click Tracking Field.
- Click Edit.
- For the LTI Attribute Name value, enter
- Save the configuration.
Enable LTI Pro to communicate with the Canvas API
To enable LTI Pro to communicate with the Canvas API, you create a new API Key, and add the OAuth Redirect URL from the LTI Pro app.
- On the LTI Pro app configuration page, go to the LTI Credentials tab.
- Copy the Oauth Redirect URL.
- Go to Canvas and add a new API Key.
- Login to Canvas with admin privileges.
- Click Admin, and choose an account.
- Click Developer Keys, then click + Developer Key.
- Click + API Key.
- Configure the API Key Settings:
- Enable Enforce Scopes.
- Check Calendar Events and Conversations.
- Set Key Name to Zoom LTI Pro Calendaring/Conversations.
- Paste the LTI Pro OAuth Redirect URL into the Redirect URL field and then save.
- Set the State of the developer key to ON.
- Add the Canvas developer ID and developer key to a new instance at LTI Pro 3rd party Credentials.
- Click LTI Pro Configure, then click 3rd Party Credentials.
- Click LTI Canvas.
- Enable Conversation and Calendar, as needed.
- Enable Enforce Scopes:
- If Conversation is disabled, remove all scopes that include /conversations/.
- If Calendar is disabled, remove all scopes that include /calendar_events/.
- To configure your instance, click Add Instance.
LTI Canvas Site Domain: Domain of your Canvas site.
Developer ID: Get the Developer ID from the Canvas developer key (first number in the Details column).
Developer Key: click Show Key to display it.
- Click Save.