Using the web-based Zoom Rooms controller
With the web Zoom Rooms controller, a Zoom Rooms admin can remotely control Zoom Rooms from anywhere in the world allowing for remote assistance, configuration, or even troubleshooting. For example, you can use the web-based controller to:
- Test a new Zoom Room setup
- Troubleshoot an issue with a Zoom Room
- Help room participants troubleshooting an issue during a meeting or phone call
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using the web-based Zoom Rooms controller
- Zoom Rooms global minimum version or higher
- The room you want to control must be online (status is Available in the web portal)
Note: Kiosks and Scheduling Displays don't support the web-based controller.
Before using the web-based controller, take note of these limitations:
- The web-based controller runs on an older version of Zoom Rooms and may not have the latest features. You may not see the same controls and settings as a physical controller.
- The web-based controller acts like an additional controller for the Zoom Room. In other words, what you see in the web-based controller isn't an exact remote view of an existing controller. For example, if a room participant taps on the physical controller to view the meeting list, you won't see this action replicated in the web-based controller.
- If the Zoom Room is in a meeting, you can use the web-controller to remotely access most in-meeting controls and settings. When you use in-meeting controls, the physical controllers will show the current state of the controls. For example, if you mute the room's mic, the physical controllers will also indicate that the mic is muted.
- If the Zoom Room is in a phone call, you can use the web-based controller to remotely access most in-call controls.
- Only one web-based controller can be active for each Zoom Room.
You can review the release notes for the web-based controller here.
How to access the web-based controller
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click one of the locations in the hierarchy to filter rooms by location; or search for a room.
- Click the ellipses icon to the right of the Zoom Room display name, then click Launch Controller.
- You can access most of the controller features and in-meeting controls.
Note: You can also launch the web-based controller from Device Management.